BUILDER Strategic Planning SME / Analyst
San Antonio, TX
A Subject Matter Expert (SME) with specific focus on BUILDER Strategic Planning and Management who is dedicated to Air Force Medical Services (AFMSA) Medical Facilities Engineering Mission of the Air Force. This position shall provide advice, management and sustainment of the AFMS strategic management of SRM through the application if BUILDER SMS and DMLSS.
- Representing and augmenting the AFMSA Facility Operations and Engineering Branch Chief and Health Facilities Division (HFD) in a highly professional (speech, action and appearance) manner.
- Responding to the requirements of the HFD’s Branch Chief of Facility Operations and Engineering
- Developing policy and procedures for BUILDER section updates for HFD approval incorporating AF. AFMS, HFD, DHA standards on the use and implementation of best practices
- Providing executive level technical advice, consultation and reach-back support to the Air Force Medical Service (Medical Group Commanders, Health
- Facilities Division leaders, Facility Managers, peers and field personnel engaged in physical plant maintenance
- Maintaining a positive working environment with the Facilities Management (FM), to provide facilities engineering service with the HFD mission in mind at all times
- Serving as the primary HFD technical reach-back support for AFMS on BUILDER implementation, quality assurance, sustainment, assessments and strategic planning
- Providing formal presentations, in and out briefings and training to recipients at all client levels (from basic trades personnel to senior executive General Officers)
- Providing impact review of BUILDER assessments, sectioning and generated work plans
- Developing and analyzing work plans making recommendations for inclusion into DMLSS-FM
- Providing training to MDG Facility Management teams (to include contracted maintenance providers) in the use of BUILDER (to include set-up, assessments, sectioning and analysis)
- Providing engineering review of current and over-the-horizon work plans and requirements
- Devising sound supportable 1st, 3rd and five year programming strategies for the HFD based on BUILDER SMS analysis
- Crafting high quality report documents that are of a professional level, factually and grammatically correct; timely, clear and concise. All reports are to be delivered as final “print ready” within five (5) work days following the out-brief of the visit or culmination of the analysis
- Producing weekly and monthly activity reports for AFMSA
- Attending all meetings required by the AFMSA
- Attending industry conference to remain current on evolving cutting edge and best practices
- Participating in the development of AFMS best practices (HFD Design Guide, Engineering Technical Letters, white papers)
- Financial accounting for contract management, minimum of 5 years
- Managerial and field engineering of BUILDER systems, minimum of 5 years of practical field experience
- Operational experience and intimate familiarity with physical plant infrastructure systems (electrical, mechanical, structural and building envelope), minimum of 5 years
- Managed sustainment of a large industrial, institutional or healthcare plant, for 3 years
- Reviewed and modified drawings and specifications for 5 years
- Military Department of Defense financial programming experience 3 years
- Cost estimating within the field discipline, a minimum of 5 years independent experience
- Customer service accountability, 10 years minimum of account management
- Medical Healthcare physical plant operations, 5 years preferred, 3 years minimum
Qualifications, Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Master Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Government Common Access Card (CAC) (must possess within 120 days of hire)
- Access to and use of Air Force IT network systems (must possess within 120 days of hire)
- Proficient in the use of the following technical and administrative programs:
- BUILDER SMS
- Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access)
- Adobe Professional
- Automated Estimating with RS Means CostWorks – E-4Clicks
- HFD Management Programs (FROID, and DMLSS)
Location: This position will be located in the Health Facilities Division offices in San Antonio, Texas.
Travel: This position must travel up to 75% to AFMS and DoD locations both within and outside the continental United States. Some travel to regions of political unrest may be required on occasion.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.