Pet Food Experts Inc
Pet Food Experts is growing! As the leading distributor of pet food and supplies to independent retailers, we value strong, long-lasting relationships with our customers and vendors. Our Data Analytics department is an integral part of this goal. We are hiring a Data Analyst in our Pawtucket, RI Headquarters.
Pet Food Experts is a proud recipient of the Best Places to Work award for 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 & 2016! We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401K and more!
The Data Analyst will support and assist the Data Analytics Department in the maintenance, integrity, and analysis of data for Pet Food Experts
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Acquire data from sources and maintain databases/data systems, filter and “clean” data, review reports, printouts and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Create, maintain and provide dashboards, reports, and queries to other employees using query tools and dash-boarding software, ultimately enabling the company to make informed and insightful business decisions
- Interpret data, including identifying trends and downfalls, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports including sales-related analysis
- Collaborate with others to understand operational deficiencies, provide data to assist, advise and offer resolutions and/or process improvements to ongoing issues while working closely with management to prioritize business needs
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum Associates Degree in appropriate field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum one year of experience analyzing data preferred
- Minimum one year of experience using Tableau products preferred
- Minimum six months’ experience with an ERP preferred, A+ desired
- Strong analytical skills with proven experience working with information from Big Data platforms such as Hadoop.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where individuals take accountability to impact the company’s bottom line
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with multiple levels of Management
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and achieve deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervisor
- Strong knowledge of multiple statistical analysis software applications such as SAS, R, other Big Data/Hadoop ecosystem analysis tools.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including ability to write formulas and utilize PivotTables
If you have the qualifications and enthusiasm to join our Home Office Team, please apply for this position by clicking “Complete an Application”, below. We are not able to speak to all applicants personally however, if we would like to reach you, we will contact you directly. Thank you for your interest!
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.