Halfaker and Associates, an award winning high growth small business, creates innovative and practical technology solutions in the areas of Advanced Analytics, Software Engineering, IT Infrastructure and Cyber Security to help government organizations perform their critical missions. Our commitment to excellence and our vision to “Continue to Serve” has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies in the health, defense, security and intelligence sectors. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we have employees nationwide and were recently named a 2016 Top Work Place by the Washington Post. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with Halfaker.
Halfaker has an opening for a Junior Cyber Security Analyst to join our talented, dynamic team in support of the Application Product Lines Enterprise Services (APLES) program. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- The Sustainment Ops Service Line performs day-to-day technical management and administration for 35 US Coast Guard business applications and application infrastructure in order to provide a stable and secure IT capability
- The Sustainment Operations Systems Analyst-Security will be supporting members of the Sustainment Operations Service Line (SOSL) to analyze and remediate security findings and requirements, including the interpretation of security scans and logs, vulnerability findings, security mandates and directives, Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO)/Task Orders, Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs), and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Hardening Guidelines
- Assist with implementing defined remediation strategies/plans to address security incidents including:
- Scan or STIG vulnerabilities
- Security Assessment Process (SAP)/Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)/Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms)
- TCTO/Task Orders
- Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) compliance
- Participate in internal Service Line meetings that address security vulnerability status
- Assist in completion/review of data calls/documentation related to privacy risk assessments or security
- Assist in reviewing security briefings and warnings for possible impact to systems
- Assist in reduction of security incidents to improve application security posture
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with users
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Associate of Arts (AA)/Associate of Science (AS) Degree or 2 years’ experience
- Relevant education includes degrees in Information Technology, IT Security, and Cyber Security.
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- US Citizenship
Halfaker & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.