The Corporate Director, Data Science is responsible for leading a team of data scientists engaged in the development and implementation of machine learning algorithms and techniques to solve business problems and optimize member experiences. This position
teaches, coaches and uses a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data.
• Champions the design and execution of statistical, data mining, machine learning, and predictive modeling projects to address specific business issues and problems, which are determined through consultations with various business partners.
• Provides guidance to the Data Science team on working with data-sets of varying degrees of size and complexity, including both structured and unstructured data, including text analytics and predictive models that include the use of text data.
• Proactively collaborates with business partners to determine identified population segments and develop actionable plans to enable the identification of patterns related to quality, use, cost and other variables.
• Pipes and processes massive data-streams in distributed computing environments, such as Hadoop and SAS Grid, to facilitate analysis.
• Identifies and determines the continuous improvement opportunities of current predictive modeling algorithms.
• Leads batch and real-time model scoring to drive actions.
• Oversees the development of proprietary machine learning algorithms to build customized solutions that go beyond standard industry tools and lead to innovative solutions.
• Develops sophisticated, yet easily understandable, visualizations of analysis output for business users.
• Publishes results and addresses constraints/limitations with business partners.
• Provides high level controllership/evaluation of all output produced to ensure established targets are met.
• Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge of all relevant legislative and regulatory mandates and ensures that all activities are in compliance with these requirements.
• Conducts periodic staff meetings to include timely distribution and education related to departmental and Ethics/Compliance information.
• Regular reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related quantitative discipline and 12 years of related work experience. Master’ Degree preferred.
• 3 years' experience leading advanced modeling teams.
• Experience in predictive analytics and advanced expertise with software such as Hadoop, Python, R, SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner or equivalent.
• Considered a subject matter expert (SME) in the Data Science discipline.
• Ability to turn data into information, information into insights, and insights into action.
• Must possess strong leadership skills as well as the ability to effectively direct people and multiple projects.
• Ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with internal customers, the provider community, government entities, consultants, vendors and other Health Plans.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to translate technical concepts to business users.
• High integrity and interpersonal skills.
• Healthcare sector experience preferred.
• Ability to travel across regions as needed.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.