Itron, the leader in the Utilities, Smart Gird and Energy Efficiency space. is seeking a UI/UX Designer to join the fun and innovative Itron Idea Labs organization.
Who we are
We are Itron Idea Labs. A small team of innovators, entrepreneurs, and thinkers. We’re a startup business and idea incubator within Itron.
We strive to embody these core values: positive, self-starting, supportive, risk taking, and unafraid to fail – in everything we do. We develop transformational businesses and solutions to help cities, utilities, and any entity to bring disruptive and positive change in becoming resourceful.
This is what Forbes says about us http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterdetwiler/2016/05/02/itrons-idea-labs-innovate-or-risk-being-pushed-aside/#618534a146da
About You –
You are smart and savvy, but you're also curious and a tinkerer. You enjoy looking at data, discovering insights and using them to solve hard problems.
We are looking for individuals who exemplify our cultural core values: positive, self-starting, supportive, risk taking, and unafraid to fail. We all love getting up in the morning and coming to work. As a matter of fact we even miss it, sometimes. We want you to as well.
• Work with Itron Idea Labs’ entrepreneurs to support customers needs. Constantly thinking about new and improved use cases and features that will appeal to our users.
• Create user stories, prototypes, design mockups, specs, and production assets.
• Define innovative user experiences that result in increased engagement.
• Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into better design decisions.
• Provide and solicit actionable feedback to move designs forward.
• Be nimble. You will be working to define requirements while simultaneously designing for those requirements.
• Implement MVPs with IoT visual programming tools
This is a 1 year, remote position.
• Experience designing engaging user experiences for web and native apps
• Eagerness to take initiative and ownership of projects
• A strong sense of visual/UI design and typography
• Ability to prototype designs in lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity as required
• Ability to define a POV on how design solutions achieve user and company goals
• Proficiency in user-centered design thinking methodologies and rapid iterative prototyping
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Proven track-record for shipping high quality experiences
• Experience working closely with other designers, product managers and developers
• 2+ years of relevant product experience
• A complete portfolio featuring examples of web and native product design
• B.A./B.S. in design, HCI, or equivalent experience
1 – 10%
This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or other characteristics protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email
Itron is a world-leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water. We provide comprehensive solutions that measure, manage and analyze energy and water. Our broad product portfolio includes electricity, gas, water and thermal energy measurement devices and control technology; communications systems; software; as well as managed and consulting services. With thousands of employees supporting nearly 8,000 customers in more than 100 countries, Itron applies knowledge and technology to better manage energy and water resources. Together, we can create a more resourceful world. Join us:
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.