The forefront of a rapidly evolving global industry—not to mention one that is foundational to cities and communities around the world—is a good place to find interesting and fulfilling work. You’ll be working to connect utility infrastructure to the world, make data usable and insightful, and tackle some serious performance-based challenges as more and more devices plug in to the internet of things (needless to say, when you’re collecting data from millions of points, every second counts). At Itron, our teams are helping create the foundation for a more resourceful world.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
– Port existing source code into custom implementations
– Troubleshoot and resolve firmware issues using debug tools, logic analyzers, etc.
– Document code design using various tools (UML, data flow diagrams, etc.)
– Follow coding standards and participate in code reviews
– Implement code to meet the requirements of industry standards and specifications
This position requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
– Experience with IAR tool set for ARM (EWARM) or equivalent
– Experience with IPv6, UDP, 6LowPAN, RPL, CoAP, NMS, and other IoT related stack components
– Structured C/C++ software development practices
– Experience with real-time kernels (RTOS)
– Experience with source code control (SVN, Git, etc.)
– Excellent oral and written communications skills combined with the ability to effectively communicate technical issues in English
– Self-starter, excellent team skills, positive attitude, attention to detail
– Experience with FreeRTOS, ARM CMSIS, layered architecture, highly efficient code (power and code size)
– Experience with ARM processors, particularly STM32 microprocessors
– Experience with MSP430 microprocessors and TI Code Composer Studio
– Experience with Eclipse IDE
– Experience with network security
Bachelor's degree in related field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science) is required.
This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.