NYSTEC, a specialized Information Technology consulting company, is currently searching for candidates with health informatics experience to join our Population Health Strategy in our Albany or New York City office. The Population Healthy Strategy area is currently seeking Consultants with a Clinical Informatics background to assist clients looking to transform healthcare delivery system(s) to achieve the triple aim of improving population health, enhancing the quality of patient care, and reducing the cost of healthcare for New York State residents. We are looking to add to the team due to growth!
Why work here?
NYSTEC’s vision is to be the trusted advisor of choice, the partner of choice and the employer of choice. Our not-for-profit status allows NYSTEC to invest in highly skilled professionals, regular staff training, and the most sophisticated toolsets, thereby delivering exceptional service that empowers clients to succeed. If you are interested in joining a team of engaged employees, a company that offers a generous benefit(s) package including a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, vacation, tuition reimbursement, professional development and a defined contribution retirement plan, NYSTEC may be the place for you.
The successful candidates will provide informatics and analytics expertise to evaluate health information exchange organizations across New York State. Candidates will assess and document the current state (e.g., data architecture) of these organizations, and will analyze the quality of clinical data and their conformance to national standards. Candidates will elucidate areas of data quality improvement to facilitate the exchange of high-quality data. Ideal candidates will have prior experience with analysis of electronic health record data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform consulting services in collaboration with Senior and Principal Consultant with Direct Labor Utilization (DLU) at or above the business plan goal, as specified annually
• Learn and participate in the business development and sales process by assisting with project proposals, presentations and new client activities
• Seek knowledge and expertise through professional development within your specialty and put into action to improve quality and establish best practices
• Foster strong relationships with clients
• Proactively share information that will make colleagues and clients more successful
• Consistently utilize NYSTEC’s appropriate tools and processes
• Organize project work into client presentations outlining findings and recommendations
• Participate in internal and client-facing meetings, and prepare reports and presentations
• Demonstrate the NYSTEC Behaviors
• Accomplished in writing queries and demonstrated success in drawing conclusions from data
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work independently and under general supervision. Ability to problem solve complex assignments requiring research and analysis. Must demonstrate expertise in an area of specialization and apply and interpret fundamental principles, theories and concepts within this specialization. Must possess strong interpersonal skills, and have the ability to manage and develop key relationships with colleagues and clients through collaborative thinking and a strong customer focus. Must be well organized, have the ability to work well under pressure, and be a good team player. Must have a commitment to the NYSTEC Experience.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a technical, scientific, or related discipline with up to five (5) years of relevant experience. Equivalent combination of advanced education, training and experience will be considered.
o Graduate degree in biomedical informatics, public health, statistics, computer science or a related discipline is a plus.
• Familiarity with Meaningful Use Stages 1 through 3 is preferred.
• Experience with national data standards such as HL7 as well as clinical terminologies such as LOINC, SNOMED and ICD10 is preferred.
• Experience with SQL and SAS programming is preferred.
• Experience analyzing clinical data from EHR systems is a plus.
Apply for this position
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.