Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance – A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance is a diversified international group of insurance companies with over 50,000 employees in 900 offices worldwide, currently ranked 73 on the Fortune 100 list. Liberty Mutual Insurance Group’s Global Specialty Strategic Business Unit is composed of three top- tier specialty lines insurance and reinsurance businesses that focus on delivering market-leading performance in 22 countries in the North America, South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
The Home Office Global Specialty Underwriting team leads a variety of strategic initiatives, one of them around analytics. The candidate will have the opportunity to immediately add value, taking a lead position representing Underwriting, while working in tandem with a cross-functional global team. Together the GS Analytics team designs, develops, and implements algorithmic solutions. These advanced analytics opportunities span geographic regions, operating units, functions, and products. As a result, the candidate will be exposed to the breadth and depth of specialty lines insurance.
- Assists with analytics portfolio management activities including, but not limited to, conducting supporting analysis to identify and qualify analytical opportunities, construction of business cases, monitoring of analytics portfolio, development of exhibits and presentations, and facilitation of stakeholder communications.
- Under manager direction, conducts research of analytics-based products. Gathers information, compares across vendors, and helps monitor vendor performance. Presents findings and recommendations to the Analytics team.
- Participates and coordinates in analytics solution implementation, including the development of business requirements, future state workflows, business rules, and reporting requirements.
- Coordinates across GS functions and multiple analytics projects to monitor project status and help resolve project issues, while escalating when necessary. Maintains project documentation.
- Identifies, proposes and assists in implementing solutions to improve data quality and governance across GS.
- Assists with developing training documents and tools to effectively educate end users about analytics solutions. Helps monitors behavior change and adoption to ensure training needs are met.
- May participate in projects that have a global scope. Consults regularly with Underwriting, Actuarial, and IT teams.
This position is a range posting for a grade 16 Consultant, Advanced Analytics or a grade 17 Assistant Director, Advanced Analytics based on experience and qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics or Insurance preferred
- Approximately 5 or more years related work experience
Knowledge of insurance principles and concepts required
- Advanced analytical/problem solving and research skills. Proficiency with Excel required.
- Preferred experience manipulating and analyzing data
- Effective communication skills for writing reports/proposals and making presentations
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others during projects
- Experience in assisting with and/or leading projects is a plus
Primary Location: United States- Massachusetts-Boston
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.