The Risk Analytics Modeler is responsible for contributing to the development of a high quality risk analytics or capital allocation framework for the Corporation. Resolves complex issues in modeling and measuring risk, allocation of capital for performance measurement, or other aspects of risk measurement.
1. Responsible for resolving complex issues in capital estimation, regulatory reporting, external financial statements or other aspects of risk measurement
2. Responsible for model development and/or overseeing quantitative analytical processes for risk and/or ensures regular production of analytical work and reports
3. Evaluates existing framework in relation to corporate objectives and industry leading practices. Assesses development needs and manages process to achieve desired future state
4. Provides technical/theoretical expertise to resolve risk issues and enhance overall risk framework
5. Works with other risk teams to ensure that risk management policies/processes and quantitative modeling approaches are consistent
6. Ensures that capital modeling and allocation approaches meet both internal corporate needs and regulatory requirements related to prevailing regulatory guidance.
7. Works with project management team to track development efforts and resolve issues
8. Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function
9. Acts as subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
10. Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact.
11. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
12. Conducts preliminary analysis
13. Responsible for interaction with different committees and/or management
14. May be responsible for developing, implementing and administering programs within Risk Management for specific product(s)
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Analytical and problem solving skills are required. Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. SAS, Matlab, Advanced Excel) is preferred. Strong conceptual and technical knowledge of risk concepts and quantitative modeling techniques.
A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is strongly preferred; Advanced degree in related field (math, statistics, economics) or equivalent career experience preferred. Related Industry qualification is preferred.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of June 30, 2016, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$122 billion in banking assets
$6.4 trillion in assets under custody
$906 billion in assets under management
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.