Requisition ID: 5103
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
An appointment for an intern currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a college or university to conduct research and/or perform technical assignments in an assigned field.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Supporting research and implementation of multi-category object recognition and scene segmentation software
- Development of software infrastructure to support dataset management and automated testing
- Working side by side Computer Systems Research Department Engineers
- Software development will primarily by in C++ and/or Python languages
- Progression towards BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline is required.
- Experience with object oriented programming
- Experience in image/signal processing, statistics, and linear algebra.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and work in a team environment.
- Desire to learn the vast and expanding field of computer vision and machine learning.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- May require a security clearance.
- Strong academic record
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
- Must possess time management and project management skills
- Strong programming skills utilizing OpenCV, Caffe, and Torch libraries.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaborative environments
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer to complete activities.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: TECHNICAL INTERN REQ
Clearance Requirement: None
Employment Type: Casual
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.