Req ID: 135613
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators and enterprises. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
Leveraging its presence in mobile networking and IoT, Ericsson recently launched a disruptive cloud portfolio attacking all layers of the stack enabling cloud operators to effectively compete with the mega providers and enterprises to build their own secure private cloud with public cloud functionality and economics. We need cloud experts to grow our business.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Cloud Solution Architect Job Summary
The Cloud Solution Architect is responsible for providing superior subject matter expertise in cloud technologies in support of the Ericsson Cloud System (ECS) in North America. ECS consists of a complete cloud stack solution including the HDS 8000 Hyperscale Server System, Ericsson’s OpenStack Distribution, Secure Storage, Object Storage, Platform as a Service, and Data Integrity. You will target Cloud Service Providers, Channel Partners, Telecom Operators and Enterprises in a targeted manner pursuing qualified opportunities and “losing fast” when needed to stay focused on the right opportunities where Ericsson can win.
The Cloud Solution Architect will work with across Ericsson leveraging teams in Consulting and Systems Integration, Business Unit Cloud, Ericsson Customer Units and other Ericsson Engagement practices. You may be an individual contributor, you may be required to lead cross-function, organizationally matrixes teams, and/or manage direct teams depending on the evolution of the business. You will be working the sales teams and meeting with customers, with frequent domestic and occasional global travel. Travel is expected to fluctuate throughout the year, will be about 50% on average, and might peak at 75% during significant customer pursuits.
The ideal candidate will have experience in multiple cloud business models and cloud technologies including service providers, technology providers, and in several cloud service models such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Provide superior subject matter expertise on cloud technologies and cloud services delivery models for qualified sales pursuits
- Conduct in-depth business focused discussions with the customer and sales teams & analyze customer business environments, requirements, plans & issues – understand requirements and influence customer technology roadmaps and cloud architecture
- Be accountable for specific customers, specific opportunities, and/or incepting, cultivating and closing new business opportunities contributing to top and bottom line growth towards the group’s and Ericsson’s business objectives
- Strong ability to lead engagements providing structure, clear directions and objectives for engagement teams – lead direct and indirect, virtual/cross- functional teams, seeking assistance within a large, complex organization on proposals, offer development, demos, proofs of concepts, strategy development, 3rd party solutions, etc.
- Be a subject matter expert in Cloud, SDN/NFV and Orchestration solutions, including Ericsson and third party partner products – Perform solution validation
- Be a dynamic, inspirational, and positive evangelist and change agent within Ericsson and within Customer organizations
- Read and respond to RFxs, develop solution architectures, customer offerings and presentation collateral, author white papers, marketing editorials, host solution webinars and participate and speak in industry events
- Become a thought leader within Ericsson by building relationships in the Ericsson Cloud Product Area, Cloud Product Development Unit and by attending at industry events.
- Maintain the necessary technical certifications in cloud technologies
- Participate and represent Ericsson at industry forums such as the OpenStack, OPNFV, and engage in media and analyst interviews and social media marketing efforts internally and externally
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in cloud business models including public, private, hybrid clouds and virtualization in a pre-sales technical role
- Thorough knowledge of SPI Model
- Knowledge of Hyperscale datacenter architecture
- Knowledge of server architectures including OCP
- Strong communication, project management and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize activities and make objective decisions based on facts
- Knows how to quickly qualify opportunities and to “lose fast” if needed
- Thinks and acts like an owner of the business
- Basic enterprise WAN architecture knowledge Basic carrier networking technologies knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Frequent domestic travel to customer locations and some international travel are required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They arenot intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || Texas || Plano || Consulting&SysInt
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.