J ob title: Cloud Engineer
Location: Tampa, FL | Remotely for (Chicago, NYC, CT, Dallas or Nashville)
Duration: Full Time (Direct Hire)
The Client Solutions group reports to the office of the Deputy CIO for Technology and is responsible for delivering DevOps services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. The DevOps CoE flexes to support business-lead software development while bring to bear best practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
The successful candidate will work within a fast paced high performance team toprovide support for Cloud Data Services. The candidate will have the traditional skillset of a hands on SQL Server Data Architect/Engineer but will also need to apply these skills to other Cloud Data Services such as Azure Document DB, Azure Blob Storage, HD Insight,no SQL and Mongo. The candidate should be familiar will database infrastructure running in Public and Private Cloud.This position is responsible for aspects of database design for Cloud Data Services (PaaS & IaaS), including configuration, backup/restore, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, testing, and code deployments. The candidate will work in an environment that embraces DevOps philosophes to empower the implementation of tools and processes which enable the following: rapid development and deployment of software, continuous integration/delivery, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams.
This position will work directly with project managers and business owners on critical Deloitte projects and initiatives that require DataHosting services.
In addition, the individual will be expected to:
· Design, engineer, and implement solutions and provide recommendations for continous improvement for the services provided by the Tax DevOps.
· Take part in on-call support rotation for production databases that require 24 X 7 X 365. Weekend and off-hours work are expected.
· Present regular status updates and provide cross training to other DevOps team members.
· Plan and document procedures, and coordinate CloudData Serviecs activities .
· Be active in evaluating and recommending newCloud Data Services technologies including updates toCloud Data Services as they are released.
- Strong technical knowledge in the Microsoft SQL Server database engine and related components, including an emphasis on performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Expertise with HD Insight, MongoDB and CouchDB is strongly desired.Experience with Azure Document DB is a plus
- Having experience with SQL 2014 is a requirement but experience with Microsoft Azure SQL Server or SQL 2016 is a plus.
- Experiences with NoSQL databases
- Experience with SQL Server AlwaysOn, Database clustering and sharding.
- Database experience with Cloud applications is a requirement.
- Solid knowledge of the T-SQL scripting language
- Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with rapid technology changes and complex customer requirements.
- Experience working in an agile development team which requires the database design and architecture to adapt to changing business needs.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills, comfortable in a transactional high-volume, high availability production environment.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent customer requests.
- Self-reliant, self-motivated with a “can do” attitude.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and reliability of services provided.
· Ability to produce and maintain accurate documentation and operational reports.
- Desire to grow and develop new skillsets, becoming involved with new technologies
- Ability to build solid relationships with team members and co-workers, possessing the desire to work in a team environment and provide benefit to the team as a whole
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, including both written and verbal.
- Experience with MS-Office products to build presentations using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· 3to 5years of relevant database experience utilizing Microsoft SQL Server and NoSQL technologies. 1 year of database administration of Cloud applications.
· 1 to 3 years of experience in working in a complex production support environment, providing performance tuning and troubleshooting support.Equivalent academic experience will be considered.
· Experience with database performance monitoring tools such a Spotlight.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments
· Proven demonstration of primary competencies listed above.
wahmed(AT THE RATE OF)comtechllc(DOT)com
** Please share me your updated word copy of Resume.
*** I Appreciate, if you refer to someone who is looking for this position.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.