Pentair is an S&P 500 diversified industrial company with $7 billion in revenue and 30,000 employees worldwide. A global leader, Pentair provides solutions to help its customers manage water use, deliver safe and sustainable energy, meet the world's increasing demand for food, and support, maintain and protect critical processes. Organized as four global businesses which include Valves & Controls, Flow & Filtration Solutions, Water Quality Systems and Technical Solutions, the company operates as One Pentair, driven by purpose, led by vision, guided by process, and united by its Win Right Values.
Business Unit Overview
Technical Solutions, a global business unit of Pentair, provides solutions for enclosing, protecting, and cooling electrical and electronic systems to support automation, control and communication needs. Our products provide a comprehensive range of solutions to the commercial, communications, energy, electronics, industrial, infrastructure, medical, and security and defense markets. Technical Solutions also provides heat management solutions for industrial, commercial and residential applications.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Manager provides strategic and technical oversight for the BI Business team. This role is directly responsible for the validation and maintenance of the data quality within the BI environment. The BI Business team is responsible for the ongoing development of cubes to support the business analytics requirements. In addition, this role is accountable for establishing policies and procedures with the objective to drive standardization and consistency across Business Platforms and Regions.
Job Requirements & Skills
- Provide functional, technical and project supervision to the BI Business team.
- Direct supervision of the BI staff including hiring, work allocation, training, talent development, performance evaluation, problem resolution and other supervisory activities.
- Prioritize department project work.
- Work directly with key business stakeholders to define new business requirements and define the timelines for the development of new or improved business intelligence capabilities. Define and execute the roadmap for long term development of BI cubes, including the rationalization of existing tools.
- Partner with the BI Technical team to develop strategy for content delivery, presentation layers, user training, technology acquisition and deployment.
- Coordinate efforts to align best practices across the super user community and foster innovation.
- Establish policies and procedures to assist with the standardization of global data elements and consistency of information across all parts of the organization.
- Participate is the Global Data Governance initiative.
- Maintains budgetary responsibility for the department.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or business administration. Master’s degree in one these fields preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- Ideally 3 (three) years experience leading and/or directing a business intelligence team or initiative.
- Ideally 5 (five) years experience working in the manufacturing industry.
- Finance background and SAP experience are pluses.
- Experience in business process re-engineering and standardizing business processes across global entities.
- Experience managing complex BI projects in a global environment, including designing, reporting and delivering analytic solutions, data management and warehousing for an optimal use of information.
- Expertise in using databases, data modeling tools and large datasets.
- Strong ability to translate business problems into analytical specifications and requirements.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles. Demonstrated leadership in project governance and adherence to key project management disciplines to maintain project timeliness and budget integrity of the project.
- Ability to build and motivate a team.
- Ability to work across functional areas, including remotely and across multiple geographies.
- Proven ability to negotiate and reach consensus in an ambiguous global environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Location: Houston, TX or Anoka, MN (Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area), or Solon, OH (Cleveland metro area)
***Please indicate your base salary expectations in your online application***
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.