The Sr. Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible for creating the Datawarehouse, & Reporting Framework at Magento . He/she will be interacting with Business understanding the reporting needs and challenges and then work on creating solution for the Business. These may involve analyzing data in source systems, load into datawarehouse, integrate with existing data in data warehouse, create reports, or as necessary Dashboards.
Reports and analytics include those delivered on a periodic basis (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually, etc.), as well as those requested on an ad-hoc and as-needed basis.
- Analyze, design, build and support pipelines of data transformation, conversion, validation .
- Build and maintain code to populate Datawarehouse on Redshift using SQL, Talend by sourcing 3rd party data (using their API) or data loaded from SQL production systems.
- Design and support effective storage and retrieval of Redshift & implement best practices for cloud based cluster deployments.
- Assess the impact of external production system changes to implement changes to the ETL to ensure consistent and accurate data flows.
- Fully understand the data in Datawarehouse and leverage Business Intelligence tools to create standard reports, dashboards and other components.
- Analyze, load unstructured data from social media into AWS Hadoop, EMR and use mapreduce.
Bachelor’s degree preferred and 5 years of directly applicable experience.
Business Intelligence –
- Background in Dashboarding tools like Tableau
- Oracle , AWS stack, Redshift, Postgres, My SQL
- Strong background in writing SQL
- Experience in to Database Analytical Functions, In-line Queries, Sub-Queries, Aggregate functions
- Conversant with Dimensional Modeling, Star Snowflake schema
- Understand the BIDW Lifecycle
- Experience in ETL looks like Talend, Pentaho
- Background in Data Modelling preferred
Big Data –
- Nice to have experience in Big Data: EMR, Mapreduce, Hadoop
- Nice to have knowledge of Elastic Search, Kibana, Solr/Lucene
Cultural Attributes –
- Extend the understanding to the Business
- Capable of dealing directly with Business
- Passionate about building data sets to drive business decisions
- Able to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions
- Self-starters with good communication skills
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Capable of holding meetings and making presentations to audience
- Ability to clearly layout the challenges and work within BI team and DW team
- Ability to write SQL, create tables, throw quick prototype etc
WORKING FOR MAGENTO
Working at Magento means becoming part of one of the fastest growing commerce solutions companies on the planet. More than 240,000 merchants rely on us to fuel their growth.
A career at Magento puts you on the cutting-edge of the commerce industry and offers many opportunities for advancement. And, as a part of our family of products and services, you’ll also gain valuable exposure to a wealth of commerce knowledge, experience, a global customer and employee base, and world-class resources. We’re always looking for talented people who want to help shape the future of commerce, and who believe in the power of collaboration.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.