The Business Intelligence and Analytics Consultant is responsible for the design and delivery of innovative BI and analytics solutions for Slalom Consulting’s clients. The ideal candidate should have be able to quickly grasp business subject matter, work with the associated business data within source systems and within analytical software platforms, and aid business managers and analysts in finding clear approaches to analyze their business data in a consultative environment.
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to define innovative analytics for a wide variety of business topics and industries, while applying best practices in data visualization and manipulation
- Gather and prepare data to support analytics from a variety of data source types including databases, flat files, external sources, etc. as necessary
- Conduct and lead client white-boarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed, playing a key role in client relations
- Produce analytics using various analytics software (Tableau, QlikView, Excel, Spotfire, Microstrategy, etc.)
- Produce documentation to aid both users of analytics and administrators of the software and database platforms related to the analytics produced
- Work closely with clients in both IT and business, with an understanding and sensitivity toward of the diverse needs of each group
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience developing business analytics
- Strong SQL skills
- Understanding of Business Intelligence patterns (standard data modelling approaches, OLAP platforms, approaches to data presentation and consumption)
- Expert-level proficiency with analytics development using common tools (e.g., Tableau, QlikView, Excel/PowerPivot, Spotfire, Microstrategy, etc.)
- Understanding of AGILE project approaches and methodologies
- Consulting experience; experience estimating level of effort for analytics and data work, creating proposals, and managing workload
- Demonstrated passion for analytics/BI and the ability to communicate its value as a strategic business advantage
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
- Outstanding communication skills (both in presentation and comprehension) along with the aptitude for thought leadership in analytics
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Preferred experience also includes:
- Demonstrable proficiency with enterprise Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, QlikView, MicroStrategy, Cognos, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, including the ability to write stored procedures, triggers, analytic/windowing functions, and tuning.
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practices
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.