Keesler Federal Credit Union
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team with opportunities for continued learning and advancement, this position may be for you. The Business Intelligence Analyst I is responsible for delivering high quality, complex and timely reports to all business units across the organization to support a wide range of initiatives including Business Intelligence, Performance Improvement Activities, Compliance, RegulatoryReporting and Organizational strategies. An understanding of business processes, key metrics to manage these processes, and the data behind those metrics is crucial to the success of this role. Performs, communicates and makes recommendations of database, statistical and report findings. Duties include extracting, analyzing and interpreting financial data from multiple sources. Acts as a project manager for data/analysis/reporting projects that cross organizational lines. Collaborates with various business units to ensure that data are generated and logged accurately and meet reporting requirements.
Essential Functions: (Include but are not limited to)
- Meet with key stakeholders from all departments to gather, analyze, and determine data and information requirements in support of the Data & Analytics roadmap, as well as business-as-usual requests.
- Research and resolve data load (ETL) issues from the different data environments.
- Accountable for creating and maintaining information requirements repository, including all associated metadata.
- Deliver relevant and actionable insights through the analysis of different data sets.
- Create reports, dashboards, and documents to fulfill basic information requests.
- Document specifications for business intelligence or information technology (IT) reports, dashboards or other outputs.
- Assist business units with information in the use of the available information delivery alternatives (e.g., canned reports, dashboards, self-service analytics tools, and data extracts).
- Communicates at all levels as a key factor for success utilizing technical documentation, emails, meetings and client updates.
- Ensure accurate and timely flow of key project execution information between all key stakeholders involved in the implementation of the Data & Analytics roadmap as well as business-as-usual request.
- Continuously looks for new ways of introducing process improvement in all aspects of the development life cycle. Performance, improved productivity, efficiencies, and optimization are key measurements.
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes within the Credit Union’s BI solution.
- Assist in preparing detailed specifications for database proposals that will be used to design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain database entities.
- Provides documentation of BI report for the benefit of future users of the report and for the benefit of users of the program.
- Peer code reviews and inspections for the purpose of program optimization and accuracy.
- Provides security, integrity and validity to all credit union data and all BI reports.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members within the Credit Union.
- Responsible for the establishment and ongoing maintenance of an effective system of internal control within the scope of assigned job responsibilities.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field)
Experience and Other Requirements:
- Three to five years of experience with advanced level of business analysis with emphasis on business intelligence, ETL development, data warehousing, and advanced analytics projects.
- Experience with the full Microsoft BI Stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS).
- Experience with relational database design, development & documentation experience required.
- Demonstrated experience of understanding mid-level database, including proprietary and/or structured or open relational databases such as MS SQL.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills
- Experience writing SQL, Transactional SQL (Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions) required.
- Extensive experience with index tuning strategies and complex query optimization in MS SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of cross browsers and cross platform compatibility issues and solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A moderate degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Must be able to perform all functions independently in a reasonable amount of time
- Demonstrated conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities
- Must be capable of working multiple projects at one time and evaluate/prioritize as necessary
- Working knowledge of PCs, MS Windows application software packages, Microsoft network, and financial institution experience helpful
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.