Canonical is seeking a business development manager for the Snappy Ubuntu Core Enterprise Software Programme who will be responsible for overseeing its continued expansion in Europe and Asia, based on the extraordinary growth of Ubuntu as guest OS on the world’s public hosted clouds.
Ubuntu is already the leading operating system on the largest and fastest growing clouds and is quickly becoming the leader in IoT solutions for smart devices. This role will be responsible for growing the enterprise IoT software partner ecosystem, and adding new partners to the programme. This is a rare opportunity to have a large impact on the evolution of Internet of Things and its adoption worldwide. The role will report to the VP of IoT.
The successful candidate will combine enthusiasm and aptitude for open source software, sound Internet of Things knowledge, demonstrated business development and negotiation skills and the ability to work in a cross-functional team. You will work closely with engineering, and marketing teams and maintain key external relationships.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead the engagement at a senior level with new IoT enterprise software providers and secure new partnerships with them
- Work extensively with partners to build industry-specific IoT solution portfolios
- Work collaboratively with other teams to inform, influence and represent IoT initiatives that improve developer experiences with Ubuntu across the company and with partners
- Create automated processes to scale-out partner onboarding and collaboration
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5 years or equivalent experience in enterprise software business development
- Direct experience working with enterprise software partners in a business development, product/platform marketing role; good knowledge of the IoT and industry-specific technology landscape
- Demonstrated experience in contract negotiation and leading legal and technical teams through contract discussions
- Experience developing large partnerships
- Excellent executive presence, demonstrated communication and influencing skills
- BA/BS, MBA degree preferred; strong analytical skills
- Fluency in at least one of the following a plus: French, German, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese
- Open source background and a computer science degree a plus
- Extensive travel required (35%)
Canonical is an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.