Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with strong people and communication skills to join our Business Development Team as M2M & IoT Consultants. As a Consultant, you will have the opportunity to work directly with prospective customers to help them understand the opportunity to apply our transformative IoT solutions to their businesses, while fostering relationships throughout the customer lifecycle. You will serve as an SME to these prospective buyers, helping them develop an IoT strategy, while driving revenue for Comcast's M2M & IoT business.
- Identifying and prospecting new customers
- Serving as an SME to prospective customers by helping them apply our solutions to their business models
- Understanding prospective customers' current technology landscape, and helping to develop a customized IoT strategy for their organization
- Working to understand organizations' current business issues, and collaborating with the Product Team on how to address any operational gaps
- Running point on RFI/RFP responses, and serving as the liaison to the prospective customer
- Presenting our solutions to buyers' leadership teams, including their CEO/CTO, as needed
- Providing training and mentorship to sales teams
- Manage customer lifecycle from proof-of-concept design, through commercial agreement
- Leads team and resource planning of the strategic staff.
- Evaluates and manages new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures.
- Oversees market analysis, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs.
- Provides leadership in the planning, designing, due diligence, and implementation of strategic business objectives.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Structures and builds detailed financial models to evaluate new business opportunities.
- Drafts business plans and deal summaries.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Marketing, Finance
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in sales or similar business development roles
- 4-year degree from top college/university
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in technology
- Ability to adapt to changing customer requirements
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines
- Willingness to travel (up to 50% of time)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.