Do you enjoy being part of initiatives that drive transformational change to create huge upside for the company and its stakeholders? Are you the customer-centric entrepreneur that sees ambiguity as a development opportunity? Does driving the Cloud paradigm as the new standard for Microsoft excite you? Do you want to play a key role in helping Microsoft evolve to become the leading player in the Cloud market? Are you unencumbered by traditional old world approaches to selling software and ready to break us out of our past and lead us into our future? Are you interested in a position that is connected to sales, marketing, partner, engineering, licensing, services and almost every other part of the company that will enable you to build an incredible network? Then this might be the position for you! The Enterprise Cloud market is seeing significant growth and is the single largest opportunity that Microsoft is positioned well to lead. The need to transform the approach to the market, our customers and partners as well as our internal cadence is a priority. We add more cloud services on a monthly basis, each with unique competitors, customer needs, opportunities and challenges. Enterprise customers are increasingly embracing the cloud but often struggle culturally and technically to move quickly to the cloud in all but brand new workloads. To capitalize on this market opportunity, Microsoft is investing to further advance its position in the top segment of the Enterprise where customers’ risk concerns outweigh cost considerations. In this segment, customers demand that Microsoft deliver its Cloud services through a deeper solution focused engagement model spanning sales, services, support and partners. This strategy will also enable Microsoft to take share from players like Amazon and Google.
The Business Architect – IoT & Industry Solutions is deeply involved in the setting of sales strategy, and in ensuring the seamless alignment of marketing (e.g. products/SKUs, licensing, campaigns), sales (e.g. roles, compensation, enablement), services (e.g. services offerings, delivery model) and partners (e.g. selection, incentives) with and to this strategy. In this role, the Business Architect works across organizations including C+E Business Group, OEM, Services, DX, Worldwide and Enterprise Partner Groups to ensure an integrated customer experience. The Business Architect reports directly to the Director, Cloud + Enterprise Business Architecture and represents the team in work streams critical to effective business architecture design and execution. The role requires a unique combination of enterprise sales, sales management, business and marketing experience. Additional experience in business consulting or process design is ideal.
Primary accountabilities are:
• Develop and continuously evolve Microsoft’s IoT and Industry Solutions strategy, by aligning with Product Marketing, Services and Partners to create a high value customer offering.
• Strategic Leadership and Industry knowledge required to identify and build partner strategies, programs and field resources/offers.
• Lead the role design of Industry selling and architecture roles, as well as IoT Global Black Belts, including field blueprints, compensation design and readiness plan.
• Drive landing of the Industry Solutions with both HiPo and mainstream C+E field selling communities, and ensure scale of IoT through Data Platform selling community.
• Help to define the requirements to ensure end-to-end execution of Partner (ISV and SI) co-sell programs, and then to analyze results and drive continuous improvement to drive sustainable consumption growth.
• Represent the team in the Rhythm of the Business cadence as a vehicle to plan and execute on Business Architecture improvements.
Demonstrable skills in the following areas are critical:
• Deep customer insight – understanding of what’s required to engage effectively with both senior technology and business decision makers.
• Direct competitive experience from a key industry player such as AWS, Oracle, IBM, SAP or as a senior leader in an IT Consultancy/SI (i.e. Accenture, Deloitte, McKinsey).
• 10+ years enterprise level technology sales and/or consulting experience.
• Understanding of how industry specific business requirements need to translate into focused strategies and solution offerings.
• Understanding of sales and service strategies and related incentive compensation.
• Strong organization, analytical and communication skills.
• Well-developed ability to build and think in frameworks and processes and to translate this into effective business communications.
• Ability to execute in a global, complex, and matrixed environment.
• This includes excellence in impact and influence, cross-group collaboration and field community leadership.
• Strong executive engagement and communication skills to enable change across the organization.
• Relocation to Redmond is mandatory due to the close day-to-day interaction with other Corporate and Product teams.
• 20 -25% international travel is required to maintain working relationships with subsidiaries and customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. MBA degree preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.