CDW is focused on delivering significant value and business outcomes to our clients through digital transformation and the Internet of Things (IoT). This convergence of Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) provides unprecedented opportunities for businesses to improve profitability, increase safety, automate processes, and realize increased agility and services as they differentiate themselves in today’s rapidly changing world.
The Digital Transformation/IoT (IoT) Business Architect (BA) will be at the forefront for CDW in delivering results as part of a team of field based, customer-facing resources utilizing a consultative selling approach across all of CDW.
As a part of CDW’s Strategic Solutions and Services, the IoT BA will partner with sales and other practice resources to develop, propose and deliver solutions with significant value that meet a client’s business needs while driving profitable growth of product and services.
The ideal candidate will leverage their experience/knowledge of vertical markets, technology, business and sales to:
- Design and deliver effective sales and technical enablement plans that equip CDW’s Strategic Solutions and Services organization and sales resources with solutions, training, process and sales support so that they can readily identify and qualify opportunities, deliver high level value propositions that generate interest in CDW’s defined IoT solutions, and close IoT solution sales.
- Engage directly with clients in support of other CDW pre-sales and sales resources on larger, more complex digital transformation/IoT opportunities in CDW’s focused vertical markets and solution areas. The IoT BA focus is on ensuring CDW customers receive best in class pre-sales guidance and professional services for the purpose of generating specific business outcomes.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Forecasting – Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly sales forecasting by keeping a current pipeline using forecasting tools
- Develop Growth Initiatives – Work with appropriate presales and sales teams to develop and implement effective growth strategies for appropriate line of business, geography and/or vertical segment. (Focused solutions, training, sales incentives, targeted messaging, process enhancements, etc.)
- Opportunity Identification – Proactively work with CDW presales and sales resources, and partner resources to target in identify transformative IoT opportunities
- Value Proposition Creation –Explore client challenges, assess needs, and identify solutions based on CDW’s focused solution areas that deliver positive and measurable results/outcomes for the client, solving the identified business challenge/opportunity
- Present Compelling Solutions – Work directly with clients in partnership with CDW pre-sales and sales resources to present the client with high value proposals that offer compelling solutions at competitive prices that meet CDW’s goals for profitability
- Close Business – Drive for positive buying decisions from clients, meeting/exceeding established revenue and gross profit goals
- Training and Enablement – Develop and deliver to both presales and sales resources enablement programs through both team and individual training/coaching/support to equip the resources to independently drive sales in smaller clients and product/less complex solution areas
- Create Solution Differentiation – Distinguish CDW IoT solution offerings and the IoT practice from our competition based on our breadth and depth of our offerings for both clients and strategic partners, helping establish CDW as a leader and preferred provider in the Digital Transformation/IoT solution space
- Drive Partner Engagement – Develop and maintain field based relationships with strategic partners so that CDW becomes a “go to” resource that they engage for IoT help on a regular basis
- Attain quarterly and annual goals for revenue and gross profit of IoT related product categories
- Attain quarterly and annual goals for selling complex transformative IoT solutions to clients that establish CDW as their trusted advisor for all digital transformation
- Conduct high level conversations and training presentations including public speaking engagements
- Explain options for customer to derive a return on investment from IoT Solutions and lead workshops discovering these opportunities
- Consistently build and deliver an IoT pipeline of Cisco and complementary partner based solutions with attached Services
- Constantly self educate on the latest trends and products related to the Digital Enterprise across relevant technology areas and vertical segments, from leading OEM partners, and the activities of CDW competitors
- Act as a conduit for information between partners and the CDW Solution Architect community
- Collaborate with Sales and Solution Architects to identify key, technology purchasing decision makers and develop solution messaging specific to the individual’s business needs
- Increase rapid acceptance of IoT Solutions through:
- Developing a thorough understanding of the digital transformation and IoT markets
- Defining and articulating a strategy and solution by customer or vertical
- Partnering with other teams to align horizontal solutions required to offer a complete Transformative Solution.
- Solid understanding of IP networking demonstrated through previous sales or pre-sales background
- Expertise in at least one relevant IT technology:
- Information Security
- Data analytics
- Video & Physical security
- Operational Technologies specific to the verticals identified below
- Four (4) year minimum experience with strategic account planning and consultative sales
- Four (4) year College Degree or proven equivalent experience
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Proven track record of solution focused sales in the IT industry as either a Pre-sales Engineer or highly technical Account Executive
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills in executive and informal settings required
- Able to communicate technical concepts and business solutions in a collaborative environment with peers and clients
- Proven ability to understand and interact with senior level management at CxO levels
- Ability to illustrate comprehensive, technically sound IoT solutions and to articulate how they drive specific business outcomes
- A strong desire to work in a high paced, highly collaborative work environment
- Expertise with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivation and strong problem solving skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Technology Certifications
- Prior experience with consultative, solution based selling
- Knowledge of CDW business model
- 8 years of relevant work experience or expertise in one of the below industries:
- Oil & Gas
- Health Care
- Knowledge of Cisco product portfolio, specifically the Industrial Ethernet and Wireless groups
CDW is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.