A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Position Title: Business Analyst – Target
Reports To: Target Director
Family: Customer Development
Location: Minneapolis, MN (MSP)
Level of Role
Number of Reports
0 Direct, 0 Indirect
Purpose of Role
Integral member of the account team focused on delivering annual sales targets as well as developing a long term, sustainable growth model. This individual aids in delivering key Mars Petcare initiatives through the retailer go to market strategy by providing analytics for promotional product allocations, pricing recommendations, promotional evaluation, SKU + POG optimization, and recommendations and standard key performance indicator reporting. This individual interacts closely with the Key Account Manager, Category Leadership Manager to evaluate and improve overall account team performance, leveraging IRI, AC Nielsen and account specific proprietary 1010 data sources.
- Build collaborative, cross functional relationships to function in a high performing team environment
- Is considered the expert on Mars Petcare performance within the account
- Assists in the identification and analysis of business issues and opportunities
- Conducts new item performance reviews, delivering findings and recommendations to the account team and the customer
- Conducts promotional program evaluations, delivering findings and recommendations to the account team and customer
- Works with customer care, demand planning and the account team to monitor inventory and off-take levels, making recommendations on period and promotional forecasts
- Prepares store level promotional product allocations for key activities, delivering them to the customer’s order management group
- Prepares and delivers period scorecard to internal and external stakeholders
- Interacts and communicates regularly with account buyer and replenishment analyst
- Provide ad-hoc support and analysis as needed
- Maintain technical skills on appropriate software applications to provide optimum level of support (Business Objects, IRI Analyzer, etc.)
Role- Specific Accountabilities
- Advanced Analysis, reporting of Target shopper behavior data to develop insights and bring insights to action
- Create selling stories for the Sales, Category, and Insights teams for presentation to the customer
- Use Target POS data and other syndicated market and panel data to build stories, include in reporting and analysis, and create selling stories.Tool/Visualization creation- leverage computer programming/Excel/MSAccess knowledge to help visualize trends within complex data sets
- Weekly reporting/tracking of Shopper behavior trends using Target data sources
- Preparesmonthly Shopper behavior trends and competitive analysis along with Insights
Critical Mars Leadership Capabilities
- Delivers consistent results
- Creates collaborative relationships
Key Supporting Competencies
- Priority Setting
- Standing Alone
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Internal and External Communication
- Peer Relationships
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Very strong computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency in Target IBM and Cartwheel data, Microsoft Office with advanced proficiencies in Excel
- Understanding of the key retail fundamentals (Distribution, Pricing, Shelving, and Merchandising)
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple levels within the organization
- Experience with Nielsen Answers and Household Panel Data
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations
- Ability proactively identify appropriate reporting needs and data sources
- Communicate and work collaboratively internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Learning Agility
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience which demonstrates advanced problem solving and analytic capabilities and the ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional team environment
- 1-3 years of working experience and/or internship experience in sales or analytics
- Involved in previous Insight(s) work or Category Management Process a plus
- Previous experience working directly with Target
Every associate at Mars has responsibility for the achievement of quality and food safety.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars Petcare US offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called “associates” and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Visit www.mars.com to learn more about
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.