GroupM Data and Analytics
Business Analyst Application Marketplace
GroupM Data and Analytics has an opening in New York City for a world-class Business Analyst in the area of Data Analytics Product Management. As part of the product team you will contribute to the design of the global platform and the development of our Application Marketplace portal product. In this role, you bridge analytical, engineering and business worlds as you design technologies with software engineers, technical analysts, product management, and services teams. You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development. As a Business Analyst, you will:
• Collect requirements from business users and translate them to product features.
• Accurately translate business requirements into technical requirements.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships, and keep clients informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle.
• Resolve any conflicts with requirements between business units or between business and technology.
• Collect and author requirements for UI/UX applications.
• Support Business Requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis for product and initiatives with respect to data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context and design, and user interface designs within and across our systems.
• Author thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation of all aspects of the systems in question, including business requirements, use cases, and Business System Concept documents.
• Work closely with engineering team to prioritize requirements for development sprints.
• Work with software and QA engineers on product development and business testing.
• Contribute to the product vision and roadmap.
• Manage technical appropriateness and/or feasibility of requirements and designs.
• Obtain signoffs and manage requirements change. Actively manage Stakeholders of all levels by leading discussions of project scope and approach, and presenting business analysis findings/documentation and proposed solutions.
• Facilitate the development of business cases to support investment.
While candidates from all backgrounds are considered, the preferred candidate will have:
• BS/BA + 3 – 5 years relevant work experience
• Experience in various aspects of systems development, including development, project management, business analysis information architecture, data modeling, etc. with a minimum of 2 years in a Business Analyst position.
• Experience with application integration and developing workflow and functional Use Cases.
• Some experience working with requirements for UI/UX applications.
• Experience with Agile methodologies.
• Technical skills including hands-on skill with scripting, SQL and Windows
• Solid experience building data analysis solutions (data warehouse, datamart, ETL, Reports) and ability to devise technical solutions.
• Some exposure to media (digital and traditional) products and applications.
• Interest in analytics and analytical products.
• Strong meeting/workshop facilitation skills and documented experience.
ABOUT GROUPM DATA AND ANALYTICS
GroupM is a part of WPP. WPP is the world leader in communication services focusing on advertising, media investment management, consumer insight, public relations and branding among others. GroupM is WPP’s consolidated media investment management operation. As such, it is the global number one media investment management group (RECMA 2010) with worldwide billing of $90.8N (RECMA July 2012) representing 32.7% global market share. Our clients are leaders in their respective industries and represent more than 330 of the Fortune 500, more than half of the NASDAQ 100 and more than 30 of the Fortune e-50.
Data and Analytics is one of the fastest growing fields within GroupM and focuses on (1) platforms for managing data and performing analytics, (2) providing data and analytics services to GroupM agencies and (3) developing new products, methods and algorithms used for data and analytics. The data and analytics organization in GroupM is responsible for managing and analyzing massive amounts of data as well as supporting the whole organization in delivering value from data. We focus on designing, developing and operating our global technology stack with four key layers of Data Marketplace, Data Management, Analytics Workbench and Application Marketplace. These products are hosted on a variety of infrastructure options including but not limited to local servers, public and private clouds and enable a suit of advanced analytics-based products, specific Data collection modules and customized Data transformation packages.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of GroupM and its affiliates to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.