Job Title: Business Analyst
Reports to: V P, Business Analytics
Department: Business Analytics
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-time
Location: Norcross, GA
The Business Analyst provides the executive management team with the reporting and analysis needed to make great decisions, improve effectiveness and drive efficiency. The Business Analyst is the connection between the company’s operational/financial data and the business process owners. This individual is responsible for providing analyses and insights that lead to great business decisions, for this reason the Business Analyst is uniquely positioned to add value to the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Executive Management and the business units with regular reporting along with ad hoc reporting and specific analysis as requested.
- Independently analyze and identify areas of risk and opportunity within the business, bring observations to the attention of management along with a recommendation on how the issue should be addressed.
- Automate recurring reporting. Create and develop automated reports.
- Perform ad hoc analysis using data from different sources (source systems, data warehouse, external websites, etc.).
- Modify and enhance existing reports to meet business needs.
- Work with stakeholders from Executive Management, Accounting, Sales, Marketing, and Claims to identify reporting deficiencies.
- Work on operational improvements (existing and future) to track key performance metrics.
- Identify new sources of information and lead efforts to capture, analyze and disseminate that information.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Highly analytical, process oriented, collaborative and creative
- Intrinsically motivated (cannot require constant support/supervision)
- Able to work successfully with team members in multiple locations
- Ability to function independently, as a team member and as a leader depending upon the circumstances
- Dedication to help improve business processes and outcomes
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks of varying complexity and priority
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to share complex, technical topics clearly, concisely, effectively and professionally
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Must be able to learn Microsoft Analysis Services and SQL
- Desire to help the company grow, thrive and succeed
- Desire to learn about the Vehicle Service Contract industry in order to improve our reporting, prepare outstanding analysis and help improve the business
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a comprehensive background check
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business or a related discipline is required. A graduate degree is a plus.
3 to 4+ years of experience in a demanding analytic role is required. Candidates must demonstrate strong analytical skills and a history of adding extraordinary value.
Skills and Abilities
Exceptional problem solving skills and excellent Microsoft Excel skills are required.
Understanding of Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft Analysis Services tools, SAS and/or R is a plus.
Training for this job should take about 60-90 days depending on the individual’s background and experience.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Degree of Supervision
The successful candidate must be able to function with minimal supervision, be intrinsically motivated, self-sufficient and not require constant support/supervision.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.