Benchmark International Company Sales Specialist is looking for additional driven Business Analysts. Due to international demand and expansion, Benchmark International is excited to announce the expansion of its Tampa office and the creation of this new role. As a Business Analyst, you will be a part of this busy office. The Business Analyst will collect, analyze, summarize, and discuss Benchmark International's clients' most sensitive data; preparing our clients to enter the mergers & acquisitions market. Pulling key attributes from financial statements, contracts, and other corporate documents; the Business Analyst will learn how to identify risks, value businesses, and set or adjust client expectations.
As a Business Analyst, you will act under the instruction of and be trained by Benchmark International's experienced Marketing and Business Intelligence associates, with combined experience of over 40 years in the M&A markets.
Your specific duties as a Business Analyst will include:
- Developing and building relationships with Benchmark International's clients (business owners pursuing the sale of their business) and pool of potential acquirers for those businesses
- Managing early stages of each acquirer-seller relationship from introduction to preliminary negotiations including (i) performing research to uncover potential companies and individuals interested in acquiring businesses owned by Benchmark's clients, (ii) reaching out to potential acquirers via phone and email, (iii) managing client's profiles on third party and proprietary online portals and responding to inquiries on such portals, (iv) negotiating nondisclosure agreements (NDAs) with potential acquirers, (v) preparing executed NDAs and acquirer profiles for clients, (vi) obtaining clients' approval of NDA's and potential acquirers' access to client's marketing materials which contain sensitive business data, (vii) fielding approved potential acquirers' additional questions about clients, replying where possible and seeking additional data form clients where required, (vii) arranging meetings and conference calls between clients and acquirers, occasionally moderating such calls, (vii) following up on conference calls and on sites and developing follow on course of action, and (viii) driving approved potential acquirers to submit offers for clients' businesses
- Developing relationships with private equity funds, venture capital funds, family offices, and active trade buyers
- Assisting associates in preparation and revision of clients' marketing materials, primarily through requesting additional information from clients and assembling lists of potential acquirers
- Filing and keeping Benchmark International's networked customer resource management system up to date for all of the above.
- Communicating effectively with clients by phone and electronic means to obtain client nformation and convey results of analysis
- Analyzing financial statements and other corporate documents to establish value expectations
- Researching industries and M&A market segments
- Preparing reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text
- Abiding by all Benchmark International policies
As a Business Analyst, you must be highly energetic and passionate individual with a positive and highly motivated 'can do' attitude. You must have the strong desire and ambition to succeed in this hugely rewarding industry. It is also vital for your role as a Business Analyst that you possess excellent verbal and written communication, analytic, mathematical, and interpersonal skills as well as presentation abilities.
The Business Analyst deals only with existing clients. As a client-facing role, the Business Analyst must be able to convey bad news and deal with clients' unique sensitivities while keeping each client moving through the company sales process at a steady pace.
Specific qualifications for the Business Analyst include:
- Experienced in professional business writing; including writing business plans and information memorandums
- Prioritization and organization skills
- Proficient in financial-modeling, financial-analysis, and Excel
- Communication skills: written and verbal; delivering information in an empathetic, yet persuasive manner
- Proficient with online research including proprietary sources such as Hoovers, IBISWorld, DealNexus, PrivCo, Corpfin, Pitchbook, OneSource, and First Research
- Commercial understanding and awareness of business
- Possess valid and current driver license
- Possession of (or ability to obtain within three months of hire at Benchmark International's expense) a Florida Real Estate Sales Associate license, a process which requires a state-administered back ground check and passage of the relevant licensing exams
- No previous involuntary surrender of a real estate license in any state
- No personal history of enforcement actions by the Securities Exchange Commission, FINRA, or any state securities regulatory bodies
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration or advanced degree Finance, Marketing, or Accounting or an unrelated degree with significant work experience in one or more of these fields
- Availability for occasional travel
The position of Business Analyst will lead you to excellent career prospects and you will be provided with full training and support. We value and appreciate your hard work and professional dedication as a Business Analyst, and will reward you with a competitive compensation package including benefits and salary in the range of $40,000 to $45000.
Benchmark International is one of the world's leading merger and acquisitions specialists specializing in the sale of mid-market companies. We are looking to recruit some of the most talented and exceptional individuals within the state and have a number of positions available at present. With offices throughout the world, we are in touch with all the major acquirers and consolidators who are constantly seeking both on and off market opportunities across all sectors. Our typical transactions fall broadly within the $1m to
$100m 'mid-market value range'. Our unique and dynamic international offering presents our clients with unparalleled global coverage, allowing them access through our exclusive databases and business intelligence facilities to both international markets and local representation. Our clients include owner managed businesses, entrepreneurs, and financial institutions through to listed public companies.
Our Tampa office opened in mid-2012 and continues to grow as our domestic client base and international buyer-contacts expand. We offer our clients a unique business proposition that has resonated well with the US market as it has previously with markets in other countries. Recognizing that the US M&A markets are the most robust in the world, particularly in this coveted middle-market range, we are planning to continue to grow our US headquarters in Tampa in coming years. Coming onboard now presents you the opportunity to ride this wave of growth. Benchmark International has always promoted from within and we look forward to bringing you onboard as the next generation of Benchmark International's leaders.
Unfortunately, Benchmark International is not in a position to sponsor visas for candidates in its Tampa office at this time.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.