The SAP Business Analyst supports Illumina’s Global Planning Organization team by studying business processes and recommending system solutions to support best practice methods.
This role reports into the Global Information Services (GIS) team and acts as a strategic partner to the Company’s Global Quality and Operations team. The role is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, planning, developing, testing, documenting, and implementing processes within various company business systems (SAP PP primarily & Kinaxis’ Rapid Response) .
All About You
- Researches and provide best practice recommendations with a focus on end-to-end capabilities and impact to KPIs.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications. Understands when to recommend changes to a business process / policy, acquire software, configure, or customize.
- Conduct enterprise analysis including root cause analysis, development of solution proposals, and creation of business cases.
- Partners with business to elicit, analyze, and document business requirements.
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements specification, workflow, and cross-functional dependencies.
- Ensures a focus on worker’s information needs driving high level of usability and data quality.
- Participate or lead process modeling and design with a focus on standardizing global processes including contributions to policy changes.
- Manage Application Management Support (through a team from our IT Partner) for Production Planning areas of SAP ensuring adherence to agreed SLAs.
- Demonstrate ability to work across organizational regional and global boundaries, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-divisional and cross-functional environment
- Mapping and GAP analysis for SAP PP module, defining integration after mapping, gap analysis and configuration
- Ability to effectively execute tasks, responsibilities and meet deliverable deadlines using multiple modes available for virtual collaboration (Telephone, email, instant messaging, Virtual rooms/ Net meeting as applicable)
- Facilitates confirmation of requirements and designs with business and technical staff.
- Lead meetings with business and technical team to collect pain points including non-functional requirements using a structured framework.
- Prepares visuals to communicate and gain buy-in on pain points, recommendations and the solutions roadmap.
- Accountable for knowing functionality of SAP PP module in order to guide business process changes and configuration/development of SAP.
- Maintains active communication with business users and stakeholders to manage expectations regarding changes to the system and the introduction of new and enhanced functionality.
- Accountable to ensure the solution meets the agreed upon business requirements while creatively leveraging standard capabilities where possible.
- Conduct data and process analysis using a variety of query tools including SQL or MS Access.
- Applies information systems development, implementation and operation control concepts in a wide variety of technology settings and appropriately assesses the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
- Stay abreast of technology developments related to domain expertise.
- Manages multiple priorities and successfully completes multiple projects with minimal supervision from the manager.
- Develop and deliver train-the-trainer content as required
All listed responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Experience at an enterprise-level with strong domain expertise in Planning (SAP PP), and Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) that supports FDA/Regulatory Compliance, CAPA’s, Quality Control, and Quality Assurance.
- Experience in SAP APO GATP module and SAP IBP modules are beneficial but not required.
- Strong background (5 plus years) with SAP PP, QM, and APS (Rapid Response or SAP APO) experience preferred.
- End user manual and training documentation preparation.
- Should have strong knowledge of SOP cycle, Demand Management and Supply chain process.
- Should have experience in Integration with CO, MM, SD & QM.
- Should have strong experience working as functional consultant in development of Custom Reports and its Validations.
- Should know how to handle cut-over activities.
- Understanding of Supply chain cycle.
- Strategic thinker who skillfully applies a critical, analytic approach.
- Must have experience with enterprise analysis including development of solution proposals and creation of business cases.
- Experience with business process improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Exceptional analytical, planning, organizational, and problem solving abilities.
- A motivational person who can guide and influence project stakeholders, building consensus that leads to an outcome.
- Expertise in requirements gathering, writing software requirements, process modeling, and data mapping.
- Strong ability to present ideas and information in group settings. Has the ability to persuade, negotiate, and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated experience successfully defining and documenting projects that drive positive results.
- Demonstrated experience in testing and test planning.
- Experience with requirement management & testing in FDA regulated environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that non-technical end users can understand.
- Knowledge of the full software development life cycle using Agile/Scrum Methodology.
- BE/B.Tech/MSC/MBA/MCA in or related field
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.