MITRE is currently seeking a Big Data Systems/Software Engineer to help support work that we are performing for the U.S. Army’s Network and Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). The work will affect the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) and Cyber capabilities and concepts to realize the objectives of the Global Network Enterprise (GNE). The support will include providing analysis and prototyping; development of operational and functional requirements; integration of systems to enable improved Cyber and NetOps operations; investigations of near-term (2-3 years) technologies that will impact the NETCOM mission to Operate Manage and Defend (OM&D) LandWarNet; and concept formulation to assist NETCOM in shaping its new and evolving Cyber role. The candidate will work with a team including software engineers and data scientists to assist in creating top quality solutions that address critical business needs. This work will include developing scalable analytic software capabilities using a broad range of technologies and enhancing and integrating applications within distributed compute and storage clusters.
Why Should I Consider MITRE?
Working at MITRE
The candidate will support the US Army by performing software engineering and assisting with data architecture development while using a broad spectrum of tools and technologies to meet both internal analysis and external client requirements. Expect a team environment with self-motivated, highly trained professionals. Additional activities will include the development of analytics, decision models, and recommendations for the implementation of the Army regionalization, development of an enterprise data strategy supporting big data analytics, and application of sensor and data collection capabilities.
Key Functions include:
• Software engineering
• Large scale data processing & modeling
• Network Operations
• Systems integration
AZ: Fort Huachuca
• Experience with application programming and software development using Java, Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash and other common languages
• Experience with popular web technologies and libraries for data integration and visualization such as JQuery, D3, and Bootstrap
• Experience with Linux / Unix system administration, operation, and maintenance
• Experience with networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, NTP, FTP, SSH, SSL/TLS), management, and operations including traffic analysis
• Experience with collaborative development environments; effective use of SCM technologies including Git
• Experience with ensuring data consistency, discoverability, and quality
• Experience with SQL, XML
• Familiarity with build and project management technologies such as Maven, Ant, and Gradle
• Familiarity with continuous build, test, integration and deployment concepts and technologies including Bamboo/Jenkins, JUnit, and static code analysis tools
• Familiarity with open source tools and development, including Elastic Search, Logstash, and Kibana
• Familiarity with system management and configuration scripting tools such as Chef, Ansible, Docker, Puppet
• Familiarity with cloud-based architectures (AWS s3, ec2, elastic map/reduce)
• Experience with JVM-based languages (Java EE, Scala, Clojure)
• Experience with big data analytics platforms (Hadoop, Map Reduce, Hive, Pig), workflows (Oozie, cascading, scalding), databases (HBase, Accumulo, Mongo) and data serialization (Avro, thrift, xml)
Minimum Education/ Experience
BS and 3 years related experience.
*This position will require overnight travel up to 5% of the time as well as some local travel.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Relocation Assistance Provided
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.