The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we've come full circle- from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today's marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you're working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Arrow Electronics Inc. Digital Division has experienced years of rapid growth, and is now home to the world's largest online inventory of traceable factory stock published directly by electronic component manufacturers and their franchised distributors.
Arrow Big Data group is searching for developers who can utilize their skill and experience to solve challenging problems and to contribute to this rapid business growth. The individuals will be members of an exciting, lively, and highly skilled team interested in creating solutions that are developed with superb quality and design.
Big Data Analytics Developer
The group is an open source shop where team members mostly use open source projects from ASF. Most team members have Python/R programing background and are really good at rapid prototyping. You need to help turn POC into final product and ensure the Enterprise level quality.
You need to be able to learn what the rest of the team is doing, understand their work and design/implement/maintain production level products. This individual will use mainstream programming language to develop complete big data applications with the state of the art big data solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop complex pricing and marketing analytics decision support technologies in both Ecommerce and B2B distribution
- Trouble shooting and performance tuning
- Assist with technical design for solutions to business requirements
- Document designs and implementation
- STRONG programming background (R /Python/Scala preferred)
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques (supervised and unsupervised), optimization modeling (convex optimization), reinforcement learning or dynamic programming
- Knowledge of basic statistic testing and descriptive statistics
- Knowledge of pricing and revenue management theory and practice
- Experience in developing pricing decision science project
- Hands on experience working with Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop/Spark)
- MS degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics or Physics required
- 5+ years of professional experience in this area
- Quick learner and self motivated
- Demonstrated track record of architecting, developing and delivering large-scale software solutions
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow's technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.