GumGum is looking for a Data Engineering Intern who will use their stellar Java platform and SQL skills to work with our Big Data Team. The team is responsible for processing 20 TB of data generated every day using technologies such as Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Storm and Druid. This internship may be converted to a permanent position based on performance so we are looking for candidates who are in their final semester. Please note that this position does not include Data Science/Machine Learning or Statistics work. It is a pure engineering/programming position.
- Develop high-volume, data-driven, web-based applications
- Write Apache Spark jobs to mine data from the billions of image and ad impressions served
- Develop solutions leveraging ‘Big Data’ technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Storm, Druid and Presto
- Focus on platform scalability to support rapid growth in traffic and data
- Work on Amazon Data Pipeline and other AWS services
- Working towards a BS/MS degree in Computer Science – internship to be in the graduating semester
- Available to work full time hours (40hrs/week) in Santa Monica
- Strong knowledge of Java and SQL is a must
- Previous experience in Java/Groovy/Scala a plus
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.