At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is seeking a proficient Big Data ETL Architect with experience in Big Data technologies and Data Architecture to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Leads and consults on the design, development, and implementation of the integration architecture for the enterprise data lake platform. Provides thought leadership and technical consulting on implementation of ETL architecture, data quality and data governance initiatives involving highly complex or critical projects. Self-motivated, identifies opportunities to increase scalability, robustness and efficiencies in the ETL platforms and solutions. Helps define policies and best practices for ETL data manipulation functions. Evaluates new tools and techniques and makes recommendations to improve real-time and batch data access, transformation and movement across heterogeneous technologies and platforms. Determines organizational strategies for data integration framework, data validation processes, optimization of data throughput/accessibility and integrated error-handling to deliver ETL solutions.
The architect will work cross functionally across technology units as well as business lines on solution architecture to successfully integrate data across enterprise. This individual need to have a deep understanding of the data architecture, data modeling, metadata, master data and data governance concepts.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 8 years of experience in Data Management projects, operational data stores and large scale implementations.
- At least 8 years of experience with design, development, automation, and support of applications to extract, transform, and load data.
- At least 10-15 years of experience within a total information technology (IT) environment.
- Ability to translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
- Ability to scope development projects and estimate technical work effort, dependencies, and risks.
- Ability to communicate to both highly technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively
Ability to bridges gaps across business areas, operational business units, infrastructure team, and development teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain
- Great attention to detail and design with strong work prioritization, planning, and organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy, support)
Working experience in
- System Design & development
- At least 2+ Years on Big Data implementation project with strong understanding of underlying Hadoop concepts and distributed computing
- Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concepts.
- Experience with implementation of ETL using Talend, Informatica Big Data Edition, IBM Data Stage
- Hands on experience with major components like MapReduce, HBase, Hive, Pig
- Experience in programming/scripting languages like Python, Scala, Java and/or R
Extensive experience in
- Modeling: data, process, events, objects
- Data warehousing
- Application development tools
- Relational databases
- Application design and architecture
- Data Integration Architecture and solution design
- Extensive Experience in Data Modeling, Data Integration, Reporting & Analytics, Reference Data, ETL & BI Tools, Data Quality concepts, Data Governance & Security.
Strong experience in designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with a good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS and/or knowledge of NoSQL platforms
Experience in Management and Maintenance of Large Data Sets over an extended period of time
- Proven ability in evaluating technologies and products, contrasting capabilities and making recommendations, and presenting results to leadership team
- Proven ability to rapidly deliver prototypes and proof-of-concept work to validate a proposed architectural approach, and proposals
performance tuning activities of the system
Subject matter expert in
- Data Management Solutions
- Data movement tools
- Query and database access tools
1st – Daytime
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Average Hours Per Week
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.