Big Data Engineer (Associate) – Intelligent Solutions
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
JPMorgan Intelligent Solutions
(JPMIS) transforms JPMC data assets to create and commercialize information and solutions that enable consumers, businesses and governments to make better decisions and achieve their objectives. JPMIS also uses Big Data Technology to improve efficiency and information use within JPMC.
JPMIS is looking to add an Enterprise Architect with experience in distributed systems design and build, with focus on Big Data. The vision is to create a reliable and scalable data platform, provide standard interfaces to query and support analytics for our big analytics related data sets that is transparent, secure, efficient and easy to access as possible by our varied applications.
Responsibilities will include:
• Design, engineer and build data platform solutions using Big Data Technologies
• Own and establish a Reference Architecture for Big Data
• Establish and communicate fit for purpose analytical platforms for business prototypes
• Lead innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing data centric technologies for the platform.
• Be a proactive coding engineer.
• Coach and mentor less experienced team members.
• Designing Architectural processes and procedures
• Interfacing with vendors – manage POCs and RFPs
- Full stack engineer, being able to lead and run conference calls, document and execute an engineered vision, ability to get on command prompt and troubleshoot / install.
- Knowledge of various Big Data components, vendors and technologies including Hadoop Tableau, Gemfire, low latency solutions (networking / disk / etc).
- Proven leadership skills to participate as a senior technologist in JPMIS
- Prior experience with Hortonworks or Cloudera required
- College degree required
- Java 3+
- Hadoop 2+
- DBA 2+
- System Integration 3+
- Security Frameworks
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
US-NY-New York-5 Manhattan West / 03354
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.