Are you passionate about making an impact, driven to succeed, inspired to learn, and excited about changing the future? Come join us at DreamBox Learning where we’ve spent over ten years adapting, innovating and collaborating to shape new learning possibilities for over 2 million kids and 75,000 teachers! Our mission is to inspire all students to think differently about math–and love it. We are a rapidly growing company with a creative office environment (Foosball table! Coffee tastings! Pet and kid-friendly!) and laid-back company culture that acknowledges hard work, encourages professional growth and inspires innovation. Our award-winning online math software is a pioneer in the EdTech space, and we continue to be at the forefront of the industry. Our adaptive technology, innovative curriculum, and game-like environment work together to provide a uniquely personalized K-8 math learning experience that’s like no other. Learn more .
About the Role:
Are you the Leonardo da Vinci of modern-day data? A fearless inventor with an artistic streak? Someone who might design a new flying machine to carry us through the cloud, or create the digital Mona Lisa with only an algorithm and a smile?
We’re looking for a Big Data Engineer who finds creative solutions to tough problems: A real Renaissance engineer and architect, who’s not afraid to pave the way for bigger and better things. The primary focus will be on developing an in-depth understanding of the data structures we use to store the rich data we collect, designing solutions for answering and surfacing key business questions through data, innovating, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring the solutions. You will work on analyzing, querying, and creating reports and visualizations for large datasets. You will help us design and implement solutions for Big Data storage, management and access. You will also be responsible for integrating your solutions with the architecture used across the company, and to help us pave the road for how data is managed and processed at DreamBox in the future.
Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively.
This person would also take on the following responsibilities:
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, writing SQL queries, etc.).
- Work closely with other members of the engineering team to integrate your amazing innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
- Support business decisions and customers with ad hoc analysis as needed.
- We use AWS extensively, so experience with AWS technologies (RDS, RedShift, Kinesis, Dynamo) will help you hit the ground running.
- Design our Data Warehouse infrastructure.
- Programming experience, ideally in Java, Ruby or Python.
- Enough programming knowledge to clean and scrub noisy datasets.
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Proficient with SQL.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.