Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we’re on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved – billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today’s global consumers and businesses. So if you’re looking for a company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a
Jr. Big Data Engineer
, based at our San Francisco, California location. In this role, you will
tie the consumers of big data like risk or marketing to a need for a big data solution.
- B.S. degree in computer science or related area
- Working knowledge in Java and Scala programming, and Hadoop Eco System
- Good knowledge of Spark streaming, ETL/ELT, Real-time and historic data ingestion from multiple sources, data marts, analytics, machine learning, and data science
- Excellent hands-on technical skills are a MUST
- Distributed data management, exposure to large data sets, and working knowledge with large clusters of infrastructure
- Self-motivated to accomplish and excel Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with building analytics tools, monitoring and related automation efforts
- Familiarity with data warehousing, columnar and relational databases
- Knowledge of Hadoop components, HDFS, Spark Streaming, Spark SQL, Kafka, HBase, Hive, and Development of Big data solutions and performance evaluation are valuable
- Strong SQL, data warehousing, and ETL experience on traditional databases is a plus
- Passion for data, insights and analysis
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.