The Upside Travel Company, LLC
We are ambitious, well-funded, and plan to change a $1 trillion-dollar global industry. This is no ordinary startup. We’ve brought on some of the most passionate, intelligent, and seasoned founding team members on the planet. We are building a product that will innovate business travel, delivering the cost savings that companies demand and a new level of great incentives that business travelers deserve.
- Manage big data systems such as Spark, HDFS, and Flink.
- Author functionally written code to work with such systems as Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, and many others.
- Be flexible; willing to work with multiple programming languages, such as Go, Scala, Node JS, Python, etc… in a variety of ways.
- Work on integral teams of product management, architects, and data gurus to ensure we’re building the best products.
- Provide technical expertise across the entire engineering shop in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
ABOUT THE GIG
- You have 3-5 years of experience in big data engineering with experience in AWS, NoSQL, Spark, HDFS, and at least one functional programming language.
- You are looking to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team.
- You have a strong point of view on best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and deployment.
- You are knowledgeable about distributed systems architecture (SOA/microservices) and Unix System architecture.
- You want to be on the forefront of the latest data engineering tools and systems.
- You understand that engineering teams are built on relationships as much as they are built on awesome code.
ABOUT OUR TECH STACK
We are beyond passionate about using cutting-edge technologies. We've developed a serverless web app using Lambda & S3 to power React and Meteor. Functional programming isn't just a phrase–we leverage Scala/Akka actors & Node microservices, dynamically scaling this infrastructure with Docker. To tie it all together, we are diving deep into machine learning with Apache Spark as we create the world's most first flexibility engine.
We are a team of no-nonsense risk-takers that thrive in our low structure, high expectations culture. We are positive, passionate, playful, and always pushing to be better. Our team is a hodgepodge of challenge seekers, travel gurus, startup junkies, and data-miners who see the big picture.
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US IF…
· You are motivated by disrupting the norm.
· You have a great sense of humor and take your profession seriously, but not yourself.
· Your entrepreneurial spirit drives your bias for action.
· You are all about constructive feedback – you can dish it out and you can take it.
· You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup.
WHAT WE OFFER
· Competitive salary + equity
· Full health, vision, and dental coverage
· 401K plan
· Open paid time off
· Impromptu Nerf gun battles
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.