Sterling Computers Corporation is a Federal Systems Integration Company and Value Added Reseller (VAR) with a track record of sourcing, deploying and maximizing performance with industry leading technologies. As one of the nation's fastest growing systems integrators and VARs, we have the partnerships, access to technology, training and certifications to plan, integrate and manage large-scale, mission-critical IT programs. Our 60+ subject matter experts deliver the latest technologies and advise customers on best practices within the most demanding and highly-classified environments. We deliver the best value in professional services, while offering unmatched skills, experience and certifications.
Sterling Computers has an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified individual to become part of the team as a Big Data Consultant located in Northern VA or DC area. Must have an active clearance.
- Working knowledge of setting up and running Hadoop clusters
- Knowledge on how to create and debug Hadoop jobs
- Consulting background and/or comfort in working with customers
- US Government clearance (TS/SCI with full-scope poly) required
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding Federal customer business requirements
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Knowledge of complex data pipelines and ETL
- Knowledge of common ETL packages / libraries
- Understanding of configuration management systems (e.g. Puppet, Chef) and concepts behind mass configuration
- Experience with most of the following:
- One or more of Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Concurrency and synchronization
- Fallacies of distributed computing
- Common IPC/RPC methods and patterns
- High availability and business continuity
- Queuing patterns and pipeline design
- Batch operations
- Messaging systems and patterns
- Solid OS / networking fundamentals
- Virtual memory management
- File system design
- Optimization and troubleshooting
- System administration knowledge
- L2 vs. L3 networking, network architecture, VLANs, hardware device design basics.
Sterling Computers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or applicable local law.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.