Quality Systems, Inc.
NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we’re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Big Data Architect – (Costa Mesa, CA)
Required to build a big data environment on premises or in the cloud. Incumbent will be the link between the needs of the organization and the big data scientists, big data engineers, etc. Responsible for managing the full life-cycle of a software/product solution. This includes creating the requirements analysis, the platform selection, design of the technical architecture, design of the application design and development, testing, and deployment of the proposed solution. Incumbent is trained to describe the structure and behavior of the big data solution through administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, etc.
- Handles complex long-term focused projects involving multiple disciplines or business units. Provides leadership and direction to high priority or special projects undertaken by the business. area. Recommends to client and IT management appropriate technological alternatives. Evaluates new technological developments and evolving business requirements. Provides high-level specialized technical support and consultation to business and IT management.
- Consult with and advise product, development, and QA teams to ensure applications are architected and implemented with big data best practices in mind. Design and evolve the reliability and performance of our services and infrastructure.
- To be able to benchmark systems, analyses system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them
- To be able to clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms; to be able to explain the work in plain language
- To be able to document use cases, solutions and recommendations
- To be able to help program and project managers in the design, planning and governance of implementing projects of any kind
- To be able to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution
- To be able to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- To be able to work in teams, as a big data environment is developed in a team of employees with different disciplines
- This position may have potential responsibility for SOC-II Controls.
- 5 plus years of experience in hands-on large-scale software development / integration
- 12 plus years of experience in IT Technology, software development or similar experience
- Bachelor Science in Computer Science, a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Redis
- Experience with map-reduce technologies like Hadoop and Spark
- Experience in big data solutions like Impala, Oozie, Mahout, Flume, ZooKeeper and/or Sqoop.
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.