Big Data Architect
World Wide Technology (WWT) is a global technology integrator and supply chain solutions provider. Through our culture of innovation we inspire, build and deliver business results, from idea to outcome.
Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HP, EMC, NetApp, Citrix, VMware and Dell, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, service providers and the public sector. WWT employs more than 3,800 people and operates more than 2 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the world. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list for the fifth consecutive year.
World Wide Technology has an opening for a Big Data Architect
- Maintain, expand and optimize big-data software environments containing Hadoop, NoSQL, Hive, HBase, Sqoop and other ecosystem tools.
- Work closely with business, engineering and data science teams on architecting and deploying new big data solutions.
- Develop big-data configurations, architectural diagrams, and proposals as needed.
- Provide integration with analytical tools such as R, Mahout and Mllib.
- Stay current with new development in big data (e.g. Spark, Shark) and propose enhancements to the big data stack.
- At least 5 years of work experience in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience in managing complex, distributed systems.
- Experience with major Hadoop distribution systems
- Experience with ingest tools such as Sqoop and flume, as well as ETL and data normalization.
- Understanding of Columnar and NoSQL Databases such as HBase, Vertica, and MongoDB
- Strong system administration skills with Linux
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills (TCP/IP, storage, security, etc)
- Experience managing LDAP, Active Directory or Kerberos is desirable
- Experience with hardware selection and capacity planning
- Understanding of common system monitoring tools
- Experience with Java, Python, Pig, Hive, or other languages a plus
This position will travel 75% of the time.
If applying through LinkedIn, please submit a resume
Equal opportunity Employer Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.