Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream
do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands,
Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to grow and challenge what’s possible with us.
An important part of the Toyota family is Toyota Financial Services (TFS), the finance and insurance brand for Toyota and Lexus in North America. While TFS is a separate business entity, it is an essential part of this world-changing company – delivering on Toyota’s vision to move people beyond what’s possible. At TFS, you will help create best-in-class customer experiences in an innovative, collaborative environment.
Who we’re looking for
The TFS Business Intelligence Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Big Data Architect.
The primary responsibility of this role involves:
- Big Data Platform Design, Implementation and Administration in a hybrid model for structured and unstructured data
- Design, implement and manage operations framework (Security, Automation, incident management, monitoring and notification) in the context of Hybrid cloud mode
- Develop standard templates for data engineers and train them on defined standards
- ITGC and BI technical governance related to data acquisition, management and consumption
- Assist production support team and liaise with vendors if escalation is needed
Reporting to the Data Reporting Analytics National Manager, the person in this role will support the Business Intelligence department's objective to
Provision a big data platform that would support the growing data, advanced analytic needs of TFS’ business.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead in partnership with back office manager Reporting and Analytics platform architecture and technologies roadmap, standards and strategy in support of the growing demand of Data, Reporting and Analytics
- Drive Proof of Concept (POC) and Proof of Technology(POT) evaluations and integrate new technologies
- Identify opportunities to improve the Platform architecture and capacity on premise and in the Cloud
- Actively propose improvements to the architecture design to meet BI delivery, operations and compliance objectives.
- Engage with Infrastructure/Application Vendors and define and build upgrade and capacity plans of the HW and SW components as applicable
What you bring
- Minimum of 12+ years applicable experience
- 3 to 5 year’s applicable experience in architecting, developing and administering big data platforms in cloud and/or on premise
- 7+ year’s applicable experience in Data warehouse design and development
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree a Plus
- Experience in designing and delivering large scale data warehousing and big data solutions
- Excellent knowledge of Hadoop architecture and MPP data ware house platforms administration and support
- Hands-on experience using Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume, Kafka, Spark) and stored procedures
- Hands-on experience with related scripting and programming languages (e.g. Java, Scala, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python)
- Hands-on experience on analytics tools (e.g. search and text analytics, SAS, R, BI tools)
- Experience using real-time analytics is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services ecosystem a plus (e.g. Redshift, EMR, S3, RDS, etc.)
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.