NCI Information Systems, Inc.
Designated a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
NCI: As the Big Data Architect ( Systems Architect ), you will be part of a team working directly with our client and other contractor staff expert level planning and engineering big data architecture solutions in support of critical DOD missions. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments. NCI is always seeking talent and although this position is contingent upon an open position, we encourage you to apply.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Design and build mission critical/high volume transaction and highly scalable systems across globally distributed data centers.
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Baccalaureate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics, or a related field (relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree)
- At least fifteen years of big data and relevant engineering experience around the handling of large data sets while meeting expertise requirements
- Progressive experience in data management, data migration, data warehousing, business intelligence and data modeling with a deep knowledge of enterprise data architecture concepts
- Hands-on software development experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Splunk, Cassandra, BigQuery, MapReduce, Impala, Redshift, Kinesis or Postgre SQL. The Big Data Architect experience in enterprise data modeling, data normalization, key/value pair modeling, sue case modeling, business rule design and storing metadata/data dictionaries within a formal modeling tool
- Knowledge and proven in-depth experience with developing conceptual, logical and physical data models for enterprise systems
- Experience with implementing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to achieve Service Oriented Cloud Computing
- Experience with design and implementation of enterprise data integration solutions and technologies such as Panzura, Talend, Google DataFlow, etc
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Relevant certifications and licenses will be considered
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.