The Big Data Architect will be responsible for architecture design, data modeling, and implementation of Big Data platform and analytic applications for Huawei consumer products. This position will contribute to development of innovative global mobile Internet services such as app store, game center, personal data synchronization, cloud photo, phone finder, and payment/wallet, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential Functions
• Perform architecture design, data modeling, and implementation of Big Data platform and analytic applications for Huawei consumer products.
• Analyze latest Big Data Analytic technologies and their innovative applications in both business intelligence analysis and new service offerings. Bring these insights and best practices to Huawei's global consumer business.
• Expand data as service collaboration with partners in US and other international markets.
• Apply deep learning capability to improve understanding of user behavior and data
• Develop highly scalable and extensible Big Data platform which enables collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from numerous channels.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
Minimum: Master's Degree
Preferred: Doctoral/Professional Degree
Major/Discipline: Computer Science or Related Field
Relevant Work Experience
Minimum: 8+ years of experience in engineering and/or software development
Preferred: 12+ years of experience in engineering and/or software development
Skills & Abilities: (Technical or General)
• Over 8 years of engineering and/or software development experience.
• Hands-on experience in Big Data Components/Frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Storm, HBase, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Ozie, Avro, etc.
• Experience in architecture and implementation of large and highly complex projects.
• Deep understanding of cloud computing infrastructure and platforms.
• History of working successfully with multinational, cross-functional engineering teams.
• Proficiency in Java/C++, SQL/RDBM, and data warehousing.
• Experience in business domains like B2B, Advertising, Gaming and Finance Services
• Experience in big data platform and application development at a major Internet company.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.