Big Data and ETL
San Francisco, CA
Are you looking for a high energy team where you can make a direct contribution to building the next generation Big Data platform at Autodesk? Are you looking to join a company with a vision to imagine, design, and create a better world?
We are not a traditional IT organization, we build engineering platforms that integrate with our customer-facing products and serve our partner eco system.
Autodesk is seeking a Big Data and ETL Architect to join Enterprise Applications & Engineering Platforms and be part of the larger Enterprise Information Services team.
- You understand what it takes to build and support highly scalable and reliable Big Data platform
- You know how to empower platform teams and use of platform teams to drive standards
- You like to experiment with new technology, even at home
- You have a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously
- You can maneuver sometimes vague requirements
- Work with your team to help understand requirements, evaluate new features and architecture and help drive decisions
- Build collaborative partnerships with software architects, technical leads and key individuals within other functional organizations
- Own and manage technical debt and security vulnerabilities
- Build and foster a high performance engineering culture, mentor team members and provide your team with the tools and motivation to make things happen
- Be an “Order Shaper”, partnering with our Enterprise Architects & recommend Platform improvements & work proactively to remove technical debt.
- Leads the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- Actively participate in code reviews of own code and that of peers. Test solutions and ensure it meets specifications. Present and validate solution.
- Work with the business stakeholders and other programmers and analysts to develop a solution or enhance existing solution.
- Effectively deliver presentations to key customers and senior management.
- Assess new tools and software, perform POCs, and offer recommendations to improve our enterprise landscape.
- Proven ability to manage and resolve complex and ambiguous technical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Engineering Experience with:
- At least 8+ years of experience in global software development and deployment
- Signficant experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Pig, Oozie, Spark, etc)
- Strong experience with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
- Experience working with large scale enterprise organization with Front/Back Office applications like Oracle CRM, Salesforce, SAP R/3, Oracle)
- Application monitoring tools, log analytical tools, security tools like Dynatrace, Splunk, Apigee
- GitHub and Jenkins
- Deploying applications on PaaS like AWS, Heroku
All In a Day’s Work
You’ll have the opportunity to do all this while maintaining a high quality of life. Travel is minimal, hours are usually reasonable and family priorities are taken into consideration. You’ll enjoy a flexible and causal working environment with great benefits including a 6 week paid sabbatical every
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.