Keysight is launching a Software Development Center in Atlanta, chartered to create a new generation of software for electronic product design and test used by customers around the world. The new center is located in Atlanta’s growing Midtown district and will feature an open environment to foster collaboration. With its proximity to Georgia Tech, the center will attract top talent in computer science, artificial intelligence and systems programming, and electrical and computer engineering.
This position is part of Keysight's Central Research Laboratory Software Research Program. We are seeking a researcher to build upon a solid working knowledge of statistics, machine learning and big data technologies such as MapReduce, Apache Spark and NoSQL databases on both structured and unstructured data. The focus of this position will be research in applying scalable computing technologies for analytics of electronic design, simulation and test data. Along with a small team of researchers and developers, you will help define, investigate, develop and apply, state-of-the-art informatics, data analysis and data visualization tools to significantly enhance the practice of analyzing large measurement datasets.
In addition to inventing and developing technology to add value to Keysight's products, you'll have the opportunity to propose collaborative research programs with universities and when appropriate publish results to the general research community in peer-reviewed publications. In other cases, you may work with our legal team to patent your inventions. You'll also have the opportunity to work closely with customers to be sure the problems you are solving are problems that will make a difference.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or other relevant field with an emphasis on analytics, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence
• Experience in designing or adapting statistical analytics and machine learning for scalable high performance computing
• Expertise with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, NoSQL databases, etc.
• Strong computer science and mathematics grounding, with knowledge of data structures, algorithms and computer architectures.
• Proficiency developing in one or more languages such as C#, C++, Python or Java
• Track record of innovation and research contribution as shown by peer-reviewed journal publications
• Self starting, requiring minimal supervision with strong problem solving skills
• Excellent communication, teamwork and leadership skills
• Background in electronics and electronic test equipment
• Hands-on experience with machine learning technologies. Examples include IBM Watson, Stanford’s DeepDive or Google Prediction.
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.