Position Number: 00156336
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details :
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Dickson Advanced Analytics Grp
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Provides support for the development and modification of information systems and analytics.
- Estimates tasks for items related to the development of data warehouse data management processes and analytical applications. Provides input into determining project scope and is able to communicate project scope.
- Identifies, defines, and documents business requirements including information, cleansing, transformation, retention, summarization, and SLA requirements. Analyzes these requirements together with the data architect to determine data warehouse subject areas and data needs. Participates in database design sessions to ensure the data model meets the business requirements and supports the technical needs of the analytical applications.
- Designs, builds, and configures analytical applications and data access tools to meet business requirements. Establishes data classifications, data definitions, and data relationships and ensures this information is populated into the metadata repository.
- Analyzes business requirements and source system data structures to develop detailed source to target data mappings and data transformation rules. Develops data extract requirements for source system teams. Performs an in-depth analysis of source system data to ensure data adheres to identified business rules. Develops conceptual and detailed designs to extract, cleanse, transform, integrate, load, and summarize source data for the data warehouse (ETL processes). Confers with the data architect to ensure compatibility of design with data warehouse data model.
- Builds, unit tests, and integration tests system interfaces, extract, transformation, load, and integration processes, and associated reports. Ensures that the programs adhere to the design specifications and that all tests are documented appropriately.
Requires ability to lift and move items 35 lbs. from floor to waist-high tables or shelves six feet above floor level.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelors Degree preferred. 3 years full life cycle experience in building a Database Management System.3 years of experience with Microsoft web technologies in the Visual Studio .Net environment and/or Client Server Database Applications. 3 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle PL/SQL or similar Structured Query Language with an emphasis in stored procedure development. 2 years in healthcare planning, operations, or managed care is preferred. Proven success developing reporting solutions and applications to meet business needs. Knowledge of Data Warehousing/ Business Intelligence best practices and techniques. Understanding of ETL processes and how to design develop & implement well integrated processes. Strong communication skills necessary to be effective communicating at all levels of the organization. Expertise in database and application development tools is required. Highly proficient with a variety of information systems technologies is desirable; desktop applications and databases.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.