Associate Product Manager (Connectivity and Controls)
Job Posting Date
Oct 31, 2016, 2:39:49 PM
Responsible for managing all aspects of product strategy, development, launch and execution for intellislot monitoring card portfolio and the software building blocks for data center, cloud and IoT-driven management solutions. Product Managers are accountable for all business aspects of the product lifecycle from idea generation through end of life. They are required to ensure that market requirements are accurately understood, reflected in business plans and communicated internally and externally. Product managers are responsible for working with cross functional resources including, Engineering, Operations, Customer Service, Finance, Legal & Sales to develop business plans ensuring that products meet the objectives set out in those plans.
- Develop, communicate and execute product strategy to support and expand the overall goals of the business.
- Work with cross functional teams to define and execute product strategy for software building blocks used to develop management solutions for both internal and external customers.
- Manage the continued development of intellislot monitoring cards and the migration path towards portfolio complexity reduction.
- Work with technical product managers to translate concepts into product requirements that meet customer needs
- Collect, analyze and document both short and long term market trends and drivers
- Develop and maintain product forecast models using market and historical data
- Write market requirements and create Marketing Requirements Documentation that defines feature/functionality, technology and timelines
- Prioritize product features and enhancements based on the balance of customer and business needs.
- Validate the implementation and the value proposition with customers; incorporate feedback into product.
- Ensure internal functional groups can launch, sell, fulfill, and support product.
- Work with legal teams on contracts, service descriptions, IP and regulatory issues
- Work with Training to develop material and train sales, support, and operations organizations.
- Responsible for monthly/ quarterly business and technology reporting to executive leadership and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Marketing or general Business Administration
- Proven problem solver with ability to think both critically and creatively
- Ability to analyze and interpret market trends and create forecast models
- Understands value of technology from the customer’s perspective
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter that can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- MBA or related graduate degree
- Market research/target market analysis experience
- Experience or Internship with high tech industries
- Familiarity with Cloud and IoT technologies
Up to 30% Travel
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Imagine being surrounded by more than 110,000 intelligent, driven and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Our diverse and inclusive team combines technology and engineering in a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets.
This exciting environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $22.3 billion in sales and facilities in 141 countries. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Explore them now and join us in doing what’s never been done before.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.