Responsible for designing the system architecture for the Technology implementation as well as logical and physical data models and ensure that the end results meet the business requirements with respect to functionality, performance and scalability.
Additionally responsible for designing the end to end data flows for the technology components that will be part of the Technology infrastructure
- Develop appropriate documentation related to the systems and data architecture.
- Develop the physicaldesign of the system and coordinate with the IT functional groups to specify the hardware, software and network connectivity for the production and test environments.
- Collaborates with business functional groups in analyzing and evaluating business requirements; develops and manages the logical and functional design of the system
- Acts as a consultant to the development team in providing an appropriate solution and resolve design conflicts.
- Provide status to the work-stream lead as well as manage and escalate issues
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in
required, Master’s preferred
0 or years of application and database development and at least 5 years of system architecture
or more years of supervisory experience
Field of Experience
- Thorough knowledge of application system development lifecycle methodologies, project management and hands-on software development experience on multiple platforms.
- Experience working on enterprise integration projects.
- Strong background in data architecture and data modeling.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to lead complicated design efforts with technical staff as well as being able to work with non-technical business owners by translating business requirements into technical solutions.
- Understanding and knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the banking and capital markets industry.
- Ability to lead a small team of analysts and developers.
- Prior experience in the financial industry is highly desirable, specifically as it relates to the application group.
- Successful track record in system and database design and implementation.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law.
Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer – Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.