Analytics Senior Consultant
Acts as technical expert responsible for implementing financial, economical and statistical models of a complex nature for a product line or segment to be used by senior management for making business decisions and formulating business strategy. The focus of this position will be acting as a translator between the Business, Analytics and IT teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Provides a high level of leadership and expertise in systems analysis, design and testing of complex systems applications to support business needs.
2. Develops methodologies, assumptions, quantifications, and computer programs to capture data for complex analyses. Includes designing and writing programs using a variety of programming languages and software tools.
3. Provides strong quantitative support in financial analysis, management reporting, and other financial and statistical research.
4. Facilitates communication and provides technical guidance to business units and senior management regarding findings and recommendations.
5. Provides guidance to less experienced team members and may lead and/or participate in special projects.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Strong knowledge of core functions of an insurance company and general insurance.
2. Advanced technical knowledge of financial, economic and statistical practices, procedures and principles, which may include a specialty area.
3. Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA’s internal and external business partners.
4. Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve complex situations and issues.
5. Solid project management, organization and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects effectively and lead teams.
6. Ability to exercise professional judgment and make critical business decisions effectively within scope of authority based on data analyses and reviews.
7. Ability to solve issues with a sense of urgency; utilizes and manages the available resources to make informed decisions and achieve superior results.
8. Ability to creatively and effectively manage through ambiguous and challenging problems, leads through change and takes appropriate level of risk.
9. Ability to comprehend business data and metrics to further articulate analyses of data within internal reports.
10. Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems, including processing systems and applications, hardware and software tools, programming languages, computer modeling, and spreadsheet applications.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent.
2. Typically a minimum of seven years of related work experience.
Actuary – Data Management-TM 1
Oct 18, 2016
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.