Job Post – 50922403
Employment Type Reference Code
Regular Full-time 0002-NC50922403_002
Springfield STATE ST – MMFG
In the world of financial services, it’s all about working with an established, highly respected company based on
demonstrated indications of quality and performance. Whom you choose to work with matters. Consider Massachusetts
Mutual Life Insurance Company. Founded in 1851, MassMutual is a leading mutual life insurance company that is run for the
benefit of its members and participating policyowners. The company has a long history of financial strength and strong
performance, and although dividends are not guaranteed, MassMutual has paid dividends to eligible participating
policyowners consistently since the 1860s. With whole life insurance as its foundation, MassMutual provides products to help
meet the financial needs of clients, such as life insurance, disability income insurance, long term care insurance,
retirement/401(k) plan services, and annuities. In addition, the company’s strong and growing network of financial
professionals helps clients make good financial decisions for the long-term. MassMutual has been named one of the top 100
companies on the annual FORTUNE 500® list (#94 in 2015). Also in 2015, MassMutual is one of DiversityInc's Top 50
Companies for Diversity and Top 10 Companies for LGBT Employees. MassMutual scored 100 percent on The Human
Rights Campaign's (HRC) Corporate Equality Index (CEI), earning us a place on the CEI Best Places to Work List (2015). A
2015 Working Mother Top 100 Best Company, MassMutual was inducted into the Working Mother Hall of Fame in 2015, after
earning a place on the 100 Best Companies list for over 15 years. MassMutual is ranked among the top 10 companies on the
National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) Top 50 Companies for Executive Women list (2015) and was named a
2016 Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly, a division of Victory Media. MassMutual Financial Group is a marketing
name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliated companies and sales
representatives. MassMutual is headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts and its major affiliates include: Babson Capital
Management LLC; Baring Asset Management Limited; Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers LLC; The First Mercantile Trust
Company; MassMutual International LLC; MML Investors Services, LLC, Member FINRA and SIPC; OppenheimerFunds,
Inc.; and The MassMutual Trust Company, FSB. For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find MassMutual on
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and Pinterest. CRN201710-197254
The Advanced Analytics team works to build capabilities around business model exploration, process refinement and
evolution, predictive analytics through, big data, and advanced statistical analysis. We do this with project-based work in
small, high caliber teams. The team is comprised of a combination of data scientists and strategic analytics consultants.
Culturally, we look for individuals with a strong inclination for learning and from a variety of backgrounds that challenge each
other openly, regardless of level or role on the team. We operate using conceptual thinking, logic and data driven analysis.
We embrace diversity in all of its forms, require respect and look to have fun.
Within the Advanced Analytics team, the role of the Strategic Analytics Consultant is focused on building strong relationships
with business partners to assist in identification of new data science projects as well as leading execution of multiple projects.
As a core level role, the individual will deliver on multiple internal team projects as well as execute on one or more externally
facing data science projects in partnership with a senior member of the team. This involves working with subject matter
experts to gain a comprehensive understanding of business processes, documenting current state processes and developing
ways to use data to drive decisions. On this team, the expectation of the role of the core level consultant includes be adept at
problem solving, an effective communicator and a structured thinker.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Manage narrow scoped internal projects with a short-term focus individually
• Lead broad scope external projects that have short to medium-term focus in partnership with senior team members
• Dive deep into unknown business processes with the goal of improvement and driving change with data
• Engage with mid-level individuals across the enterprise
• Serve as a conduit of knowledge between functional (external) and technical (internal) teams
• Communicate regularly with individuals both within and outside of our team
• Learn to be comfortable with ambiguity
WHAT YOU (LIKELY) WON’T DO:
• Large amounts of computer programming
• Manipulation large data sets
• Sit in solitude at your desk
• Individual, in partnership with a senior member of the team, capable of leading broad scope projects that have short to
• Comfortable engaging with individuals at mid-levels across the enterprise
• Maintains strong curiosity for how to enhance the business with data
• Looks for and finds ways to improve operations and drive change
• Has the ability to be a conduit of knowledge between functional and technical teams
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• For this position, candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship
• Focus on the Customer: Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
• Act with Integrity: Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws,
rules, regulations and company policies
• Value People: Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
• Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources
• Achieve Results: Focus on winning; consistently exceeds expectations, beat the competition
MassMutual Financial Group Financial Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual
Orientation/Gender/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.