Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Works across multiple areas to provide critical information that drives optimal business performance. Recommend innovative solutions that guide strategies and improve operational results. Work includes timely reporting, critical analysis as we interface with business leaders across ABO.
This role will be responsible for analyzing and communicating metrics for Allstate Life and Retirement (ALR) products. They will collaborate with business and sales partners to anticipate and identify useful tools and reports. They will also serve as a subject matter expert for ALR metrics and the Allstate Financial Data Warehouse.
- Provide regular and Ad-hoc reports both within Life and Retirement and for field partners.
- Takes ownership of all reports including but not limited to understanding the source of the data, understanding any calculations performed, understanding the audience, understanding the intended purpose of the report, as well as assuring the accuracy of the data.
- Maintain existing, and develop new reports to anticipate constantly changing business needs.
- Develop a clear understanding of the need for metrics/reports and make suggestions based on the origin of the request.
- Identify tools and reports to improve performance, and provide solutions for AORs to make the most of the data and resources available to them.
- Interact directly with Senior Leadership in a cross-functional capacity to produce specialty metrics in an effort to provide irrefutable details to support decisions and conjectures.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Allstate Life Metrics and data sources.
- Use SQL to extract relevant metrics from our Allstate Financial Data Warehouse
- Ability to identify changes in trends and investigate causes including possible data quality issues
Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, finance, or a related field required
Advanced Analytics Experience
- Understand simple mathematical/statistical principles such as not averaging averages, etc.
Advanced Microsoft Excel
Knowledge of simple and advanced formulas including but not limited to vlookup, search, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Pivot Tables including the ability to create new pivot tables and troubleshoot existing tables. Including creating/maintaining calculated formulas within a pivot table.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office: Intermediate knowledge of Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint preferred.
Advanced Communication Skills: Ability to communicate intelligently and professionally with Senior Leadership and peers in person, on the phone, and in writing.
Previous experience with any programming language: SQL and/or Visual Basic preferred.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.