The Office of the Chief Operating Officer (OCOO) is responsible for guiding the operations functions for all 112 schools within the District. The Office goal is for all DCPS schools to be ready on the first day of school and every day after so that all principals can lead, all teachers can teach, and all students can learn.
The Information Technology (IT) division of OCOO leads the district’s efforts to ensure all DCPS students and staff have the technology, data, and technical support needed to be successful each day. The division supports DCPS’ current and future academic goals, which are set by the DCPS Office of Teaching and Learning. Core responsibilities of this division include:
- Ensuring students and staff, both in schools and the central office, have the devices, network, and technical support necessary for blended student learning and online student assessments. This includes ensuring the devices can support the programmatic needs.
- Reviewing new application and other technology acquisitions with schools and other Offices to ensure that DCPS can create the right systems to implement new applications as needed.
- Maintaining DCPS’ student information systems and other core applications, including making necessary technical upgrades, developing reports, and managing the help desks associated with these systems.
- Fulfilling data requests submitted by internal and external stakeholders.
The Analyst, Information Technology is responsible for interfacing with the school staff as the IT liaison to maintain the IT asset tracking system and asset inventory. The Analyst will work to establish strong partnerships with the DCPS Office of the Chief Operating Officer – Procurement and Administration division.
The Analyst, Information Technology will report to the Manager, Vendor and Contract Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for IT asset tracking system and asset inventory.
- Builds relationships with vendors, staff, principals, and departments and serve as a liaison between clients, vendors, and contractors.
- Assists with business needs assessments, researches and analysis.
- Utilizes knowledge of business processes and tools to make recommendations to business and other impacted parties regarding solution options and deployment strategies; develops business process models.
- Works with business stakeholders to confirm solution meets business requirements and can be successfully implemented by analyzing business capability requirements against proposed solutions to identify best alternatives in meeting requirements.
- Develops both high-level and detailed business, user, functional and non-functional requirements, management plans related documentation to support business needs.
- Monitors and escalates issues requiring leadership attention or interactions
- Exercises moderate independent judgment with direction from supervisors
- Accurately communicates pertinent information in a professional manner.
- Bachelor's degree and one year of experience OR two years of experience (no degree requirement).
- Experience with Ariba PASS buyer system or other procurement system.
- Advanced Excel experience creating pivot tables and other advanced operations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Visio).
- Ability to develop project timelines, provides status reporting, cost tracking, and project presentations to management and stakeholders.
- Ability to have a customer focus and view the project from the big picture/customer experience within the different internal business units, internal users, vendors, and senior management.
- Must be able to clearly and concisely describe problems or processes in a well-organized format with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve issues.
- Posses a valid drivers license.
- Physical requirements – lifting and/or carrying 5-25 lbs. or more and the pushing and pulling of carts as required.
- Demonstrates interest in technology and business, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Personal Qualities of Top Candidates
- Commitment to Equity: Passionate about closing the achievement gap and ensuring that every child, regardless of background or circumstance, receives an excellent education.
- Leadership: Coaches, mentors, and challenges others to excel despite obstacles and challenging situations.
- Focus on Data-Driven Results: Relentlessly pursues the improvement of central office performance and school leadership, instruction, and operations, and is driven by a desire to produce quantifiable student achievement gains.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: Approaches work with a sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving; takes initiative to explore issues and find potential innovative solutions.
- Adaptability: Excels in constantly changing environments and adapts flexibly in shifting projects or priorities to meet the needs of a dynamic transformation effort; comfortable with ambiguity and non-routine situations.
- Teamwork: Increases the effectiveness of surrounding teams through collaboration, constant learning and supporting others; sensitive to diversity in all its forms; respects and is committed to learning from others.
- Dependability: Does whatever it takes to consistently deliver with high quality under tight deadlines; successfully manages own projects through strong organization, detailed workplans, and balancing of multiple priorities.
- Communication and Customer Service Skills: Communicates clearly and compellingly with diverse stakeholders in both oral and written forms; anticipates and responds to customer needs in a high-quality and courteous manner.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.