Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced Account Manager (AM) with a passion for bringing products to the market that truly make a positive impact in the world? Are you interested in the opportunity to grow a customer base of innovative engineers with interesting technical challenges? Does the chance to win new customers and develop business in the booming Industrial IoT space excite you? Yes? This could be your next big move!
Smart machines and the Industrial “Internet of Things” will push sweeping change through nearly every industry on the planet. It will be the most important technical and business trend of our lifetimes. RTI is positioned as a true leader in this future. Our ambitious mission is to transform entire industries.
We are actively implementing smart medical systems, improving the generation and use of green energy, helping autonomous cars drive themselves, and safely guiding unmanned planes that fly themselves. In the next 10 years, RTI Connext-controlled systems will save more lives than curing cancer, more than double the efficiency of solar energy, and cut everyone's commute by 30%. We are perhaps the best positioned small company in the world to make a huge difference in this very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI is looking for an experienced Account Manager to drive sales of our Connext DDS software and services to existing and new customers within the Southeast territory. The AM will also be responsible for developing new Industrial IoT business in the mid-Atlantic region. As an integral member of the field sales team you will use your knowledge and experience in the market, excellent technical sales and support track record to focus on acquiring new customers while retaining and growing the existing installed base of customers. You will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close, account management, and exceeding quota in this rapidly growing industry.
- Presents and sells RTI software and engineering services to current and potential customers
- Seeks new business proactively
- Consults with customers onsite to understand their technical problems and challenges
- Works with RTI engineering staff to develop software solutions
- Communicates with decision makers and influencers
- Builds trust-based professional relationships with key decision makers
- Meets sales goals by closing business persistently
- 10+ years of professional experience with at least 5 years selling high-end software solutions to engineers
- Enjoys prospecting and knows how to open new doors
- Strong communication skills to build rapport with prospects and current customers
- Likes to work in team-selling environment
- Experience developing new leads, lead follow-up, qualification and targeted account selling in person and by phone
- Uses tools like Salesforce.com to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Track record of meeting sales quota consistently
- BS or higher in engineering or computer science
- Experience with Industrial Internet of Things strongly preferred
- Background in middleware or communication infrastructure is a plus
- Experience selling to system integrators and government is a plus
- Travel within the territory is required
- US Citizenship required*
- Secret Clearance a plus
*Due to applicable laws, government regulations and contract specifications, we are required to fill this position only with an individual who qualifies as a “U.S. Citizen.”
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) matching and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.